News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Cannot add images under "Additional data"

Started by schmatzler, 13.02.2022 14:28:23

Previous topic - Next topic

schmatzler

It's been a while since I've added new files to my website. Usually when I wanted previews for a download, I just added those images to "Add an image" under "Additional data".

These images don't seem to get saved on the latest version anymore. When I add one, I can see the path "C:\fakepath\image_name.jpg" in there, after saving it's gone and there are no images. That definitely worked in the past, some of my downloads have images there.

Other fields - like the preview file - work fine.
  •  

schmatzler

Found the problem. php-gd was missing on the server, I only had imagick installed.

Not that great that JDownloads just silently fails, but oh well. :)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for input.  At least jD does tell you if the GD library is present in Options - Pictures and Buttons tab  -Thumbnail Settings from Uploaded Images section. :)
Incidentally are you using PHP8?
I will add a suggestion that when creating/editting a Download and adding an image that advice is given that GD llibrary is not present so thumbnails cannot be made
Colin

Colin M
  •