News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

New Feature - Import Description

Started by KevinMi, 24.12.2021 14:39:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinMi

Back in the day, when Bulletin Board Systems ruled the digital landscape, most file archives included a loose text file that contained the description for the file. A feature to import the description file into the short description would be a huge time saver when creating downloadable files.

There were many different description files in use like 'file_id.diz' so I imagine this would be a configurable option; recognized description file names.

Happy Holidays to you all - 2021

-kevin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion.  My first thought is that in many cases it is quite simple with cut and paste.  Could you peras iilustrate with a couple of situations
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

KevinMi

I'm building a file archive and will operate as a mirror for a few archives. I currently have a collection of almost 400 files that I've started to add. Of course, the only option at this point is to crack open the archive and cut-n-paste. This will take weeks to complete. If I was able to at least import the description file into the short description of jDownloads, it would cut the time in half.

-k
  •  

ColinM

Kevin
I ave loked into this.  It would be very challenging to implement :(
and not really add for most users

Colin
Colin M
  •