News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Missing Administrator

Started by orodenbu, 13.12.2021 20:11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

orodenbu

After  trying to update from JDownloads 3.9.7.3 the JDownloads entry in the 'Components' menu has gone missing.

Can anyone tell me how to get it back? So far the ony solution has been a system restore but there must be an easier way to get this done.

I'd like to update but can't get past this point.
Fault disappeared!!
  •  

ColinM

Hmm! Not seen that before.
Do you have access to your database to see if the jD tables are still present - they have names like  xxx_jdownloads_categories, xxx_jdownloads_files and so on where xxx is 'prefix you choose initially for the database when installing Joomla.
there are 7 tables.  If at sometime in the past you upgraded from jD 3.2.69 there will be a further 8 tables whose name ends in _backup_3_2_69 .

Also go to Extensions - Manage and select Manage from the drop down.Then in the search field enter jDownloads and click on the magnify symbol.  This will list isf anny of the jD component, modules or plugins are present.
Also check the root directory to see if there is a jdownloads folder.   If the folder is there then it will have directories coresponding to the jD categories.
The look in the root directory for the images directory and see if there is a jdownloads directory present
When you have that info let us know so we can advise the best pathI will also send you a Private Messege (PM)
Colin
Colin M
  •  

orodenbu

I just had a stroke of luck : I checked all items of the 'Components' menu and on the 5th row 'Fieldgroups' the control panel of JDownloads emerged! Don't ask me how but it's there and I can use it to update ánd change over tot PHP 8.01 which was my intention in the first place. If the problem persists after that I'll be back here again, for now, thank you for your involvement.
  •  

Arno

Thank you for the update.

Sometimes the installation process may not have been successful in all parts. So when you see strange messages or other unusual things it can help to install the component a second time (without an uninstallation before).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •