News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

FTP problem

Started by Lordi80, 30.10.2021 11:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordi80

Hello, I hope my english is working.
I am using the latest version of jdownload on Jomla 3.10 ...
I have created several users (within the team) on the site and various user groups. But no matter how I do it, as soon as I move data into the folder with Filezilla I don't see it. Why is that? It can't be because of the assignment of rights, I created a category on Public. But the same here too. I drag something into the folder via Filezilla and don't see it on the HP. The file does not end up there.
What am I doing wrong? I clicked on auto-sharing and I can upload things from the page. Just not via FTP. Thank you Lordi

•  

Lordi80

One further amendment. The rights of the folder are 755 and if I create a download directly via the admin interface (deposit a file) then it can also be seen and is in the same folder. If I put something in this folder via FTP I don't see it ...
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I understand you are loading a file directly into a Directory where the base of the direectory is ultimately jdownloads
You need to make these files and directories into Downloads and Categories respectively - this is easily done by using the 'Check Download Area' button on the jD Control page.  With the default setting it will scan for directories and files and then offer to make them permanent.
For more info please seehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/monitoring-options-and-checking-the-download-area
NB If you click the pull down at the top right of the screen it converts the doc int the choosen language
Colin

Colin M
  •  

Lordi80

Hey Colin, that's great. Moved a file via FTP, clicked on Check and the file was visible. So easy. Thank you very much. But does it always have to be done or can it be automated?
Thank you very much! Lordi
  •  

Lordi80

Ah I can see. Via a cron job.
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/faq-v3-9/automatic-publication-at-scheduled-times-cron-job

The program refers me to this page. I'll read it through and get back to you if you have any questions. Thanks Colin for the quick help!
  •  

Lordi80

Hey Colin, I tried. Unfortunately it doesn't work. It's probably the security key. Where can I find it? The manual says that I can find it in Joomla, but there is nothing. I need a full command line to do the cron job on Strato. Thank you Lordi
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •