News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Weired icon display on edit download dialog [solved]

Started by WernerF, 05.09.2021 13:20:15

Previous topic - Next topic

WernerF

Hi,
I have version 3.9.8.1 installed and I have reduced the necessary information for a download to a minimum in my project. Yet the two edit icons look weired because they are mal positioned.

The positioning should be improved in edit.php around lies 353 and 306. Just place the icons near the file name field.
Thanks.
PS:Not shure if the attachment works as I don't see it in the preview. So I also included a low res image in the text - which I also don't see in the preview. Sorry.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes your attachment was there!!
Attached is the View I see - positioning is controlled by the CSS
Which User Group(s) does the logged in person belong to?  If member of multiple UGs then which one has the highest ranking?
In the relevant User Group Settings are you using tabs for the Front End Upload Form?
Colin
Whoops forgot to add pic
C
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

The views in the backend assume you are using the Protostar template.

There are two specific sets of CSS that do the positioning of the rename and delete symbols - also positioning the file type symbol pic

.jd_edit_button_delete {
    margin-top: -75px;
    margin-left: 5px;
}
.button_rename, .jd_symbol_pic {
    margin-top: -75px;
    margin-left: 420px;
}

Colin
Colin M
  •  

WernerF

Hi Colin,I have no idea which backend views you refer to, I have uploaded none. In fact I am using a very old 3rd party template. Now I switched back to protostar and I see the same display as on your screen shot. Looks all great. So the CSS of my template seems to mess it up. I will have to use a different one with my upgrade to J4 anyway as my old one is no longer compatible. For the time being I will make a hack based on your CSS tips.Thanks, you can close this call.Regards.
  •