News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Issue with download not open in new window[SOLVED]

Started by Socrates, 31.08.2021 01:47:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Socrates

I've started to use JDownloads on a multilingual web site. When the same document  for download are being used in the two language versions, then the download is open up in a new window when the file has been selected for uploading. When using the same file in the other language version, then the file do not open in a new window when I've chosen "select file from an existing Download".

How to make even the file that is selected from an existing Download to open in a new window?
See below there are several files to updateColin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been able to reproduce the problem on a multilingual site. Have also checked on non-multilingual which has same problem.The setup I have is indicated in the attached picThe source of the problem is the setting of the target= in the actual Download linkFor the File in another Download case target="_self"  is generatedFor the file in same Download it is target="_blank"
I will add this to the bug list and move this post.When we have a correction I will let you have a corrected php file
Best wishes
Colin
Modified: same problem on single language site
Colin M
  •  

Socrates

Thanks Colin for looking into this issue. It's good to know that I've helped you with "ironing down" a bug. I'm looking forward to testing the bug fix when it's ready.

•  

ColinM

Hi
Think I have fixed the 'challenge' :) There are 5 php files that need replacing which are in the attached zip.  All the files are called default .php The zip file, when expanded, has them in the correct relative directory  The 'base' is in component/jdownloads/views.
You will be replacing
components/com_jdownloads/views/summary/tmpl/default.php
components/com_jdownloads/views/mydownloads/tmpl/default.php
components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/default.ph
pcomponents/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
components/com_jdownloads/views/downloads/tmpl/default.php
Before updating please take a backup!!  Just in case
If you are are unsure then please send me a Private Message
Colin
Colin M
  •