News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

TEST - Annual Survey of Postconsumer Recycled-Content Newsprint

Started by robertd, 27.07.2021 17:10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

robertd

Why am I seeing "TEST - Annual Survey of Postconsumer Recycled-Content Newsprint - Download Summary" as my page title?

I've been using jdownloads for one of my clients for several years. But just now we've noticed that on the screen that shows the "List of files selected for download", the title of the page is "TEST - Annual Survey of Postconsumer Recycled-Content Newsprint - Download Summary".

I'm not sure where this comes from? Is it something I can change in Joomla? or is this a jdownloads issue or setting?

I'm using these versions:
jDownloads Version 3.2.69 © 2007 - 2021
Joomla! 3.9.28 Stable [ Amani ] 6-July-2021 15:00 GMT
Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
  •  

robertd

So the page title is correct all the way up to the download page, they it always shows this "TEST - Annual Survey of Postconsumer Recycled-Content Newsprint". I just don't know from where it is pulling that.

You can go to the site and see for yourself:
https://biggsandmathews.com/on-line-documents/permits
  •  

robertd

New info...
I have three menu items, each are jdownload > single categories menu items. When I get to the final download page...

(1) The first (On-line Documents > Bid Documents) only shows "Download Summary" as the page title
(2) The second (On-lines Documents > Private Bids -- no access) shows the first download name listed followed by "- Download Summary". This is true even though I don't select the first file to download
(3) The third one )On-line Documents > Permits) shows a random download name followed by "- Download Summary"

So I am even more confused how the page title is generated on the download screen?

Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Using your site I can basically reproduced what you have found.This is most likely caused by a recent change to the browser - I was also using Firefox.  jDownloads has not changed!
I will check further on one of my test sites using the latest jD version (3.9 series).  Not sure at this time how the browser constructs the page title. 
Will send you a PM (Private Message)

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Robert,
Quote from: robertd on 27.07.2021 18:03:51
New info...
I have three menu items, each are jdownload > single categories menu items. When I get to the final download page...

(1) The first (On-line Documents > Bid Documents) only shows "Download Summary" as the page title
(2) The second (On-lines Documents > Private Bids -- no access) shows the first download name listed followed by "- Download Summary". This is true even though I don't select the first file to download
(3) The third one )On-line Documents > Permits) shows a random download name followed by "- Download Summary"

So I am even more confused how the page title is generated on the download screen?

Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks!

(3) You use the mass download feature. In this case it is possible to download a lot files in one step (as a single .zip file). For this file is generated a random file name. No bugs and all your content is logical.
The 'Test' part can only be a part from your title or maybe from a single menu item. More help is only possible when we can get access to your backend.

By the way, the posted link above is not valid.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

robertd

Sorry, try this link. I removed and replaced the category for Permits thinking that this would fix it. However, it still chooses a random(?) title on the download page.

https://biggsandmathews.com/on-line-documents/permits-v2
  •  

robertd

So, the short of it is this:

For my Permits category, everything seems to work up to to point where I click on the "Continue" button after I choose one or more documents to download.

But when I click "Continue", the page title reverts to a seemingly random download title....
  •  

Arno

Hi Robert,
at the moment I have no idea where this file name comes from. But it always seems to be the same file name?
Does such a file exist on the server? See pic.

Please note that you use an older jDownloads version.
But I will test it here again with the mass download function.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi Robert,
I have check it here localy and everything is as expected correct.
On the second screen (the 'Summary' page) the browser title is only 'Download Summary' together with the URL below.
So it must be a problem with your installation. Maybe with another extension? You use a special 'form' plugin on this page. Maybe should you deactivate it and try it then again.

By the way, the newer jDownloads series comes also with a 'Customers form' feature. But please test the upgrade first on a local copy and make also always backups before you start a finaly upgrade.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •