News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

List all files with category header

Started by keep, 23.07.2021 15:06:39

Previous topic - Next topic

keep

Hi. I was wondering if I can create a JDownloads layout with the following parameters. The documents are monthly reports in PDF, the categories are the years (2019, 2020, 2021). What I want is to list all of the files on a single page but grouped by years. First line is the category name, after that the documents of the category in two columns. After that the next category as title and the PDF's from that year, etc I attached a small spreadsheet-based layout plan. Is it possible to build this somwehow? Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
A little challenging!  Would need to develop a special layout.  Not Easy to automate :(
Or a possible way is to create an article in a table format of the correct structure and populate the cells with a jD content plugin referencing the relevant Download.  This would mean updating the article every monthThe first pic shows what the User would see.  The second pic shows the atricle contents.Also included in the article is{jd_file onlinelayout==files link only 3.9(2)} to select the simplest layout
One would have a specific menu item to show the single article

Not as nice as it could be, and not as automated as desirabe but ... it works!!!

Could assist with modified layout
ColinFor more on the Content plugin seehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules
Colin M
  •