News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Ignoring Active Layout

Started by chepp, 31.05.2021 14:37:24

Previous topic - Next topic

chepp

My installation is ignoring the Downloads "Active" setting. No matter which active layout is selected I get the same result on the page (see attached screenshot). "Activate direct-downloading" is set to Yes, and "View Download detail page" is set to no.

If I enter just "{jd_file file==2100}", I get the same layout regardless of which download layout is active.

If I specify the layout "{jd_file onlinelayout==Article List - No Description}{jd_file file==2100}", I get the correct layout.

I have the same issue whether I use the category layout ("{jd_file category==227}") or linking to individual downloads. I tried using different articles (in case something elsewhere in the article was the issue) and different downloads (in case something was something wrong with the download) but without change. I only have to manually add the layout to the first download it applies to all the downloads on the page, but I believe that is an expected behavior.

Any ideas on why I'm seeing the wrong default layout?

- Joomla! 3.9.27
- jDownloads Version 3.9.7.3

•  

ColinM

HiThe Content plugin has its own selection for a default layout. Go to Options - Content Plugin tab  select from the 'Default Layout' pulldown.
See https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/content-plugin-options
ColinPS jDownloads has many user selectable options so often challenging to find the right one!! :)
Colin M
  •  

chepp

Ah - that was it. Thank you
  •