News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Making changes to localization files

Started by Andrew Harazdovskiy, 29.05.2021 22:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Hello again ColinM.
Sorry for the flow of questions.

I took part in the translation of jDownloads into Ukrainian for a bit, but I don't think that this issue is of primary importance to you.
However, I noticed a very important detail for me that I would like to fix on my own. These are basic concepts.

1. Attached 001.png
The word in a red rectangle has an unambiguous translation as "Files".

My opinion - the name of this button - "Download" - is translated into Ukrainian as in Attached 000.png

2. Attached 002.png
    Also want to make order with the front end user interface.

Can I patch the translation files locally and overwrite them on the web server on my own responsibility?
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

I made several dozen translation proposals at https://www.transifex.com.
I plan to continue working.
But I don't hope that anytime soon someone will be busy making changes to the localization files.
Thanks for your reply.
  •  

ColinM

Andrew,
I will ask Arno to join you to the Ukrain Translation team - so you will be able to add correct translations
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Thanks ColinM.
I work at the link: Attached 000.png
Username: Attached 001 / 002.png
  •  

Arno

Hi Andrew,
I have see that you be already a member from the Ukrainian transifex translation team for jDownloads. See pic.  ;)

When you do not want to translate all files you should at minimum translate ALL terms in the frontend language file. And maybe the content plugin. Thanks.

QuoteCan I patch the translation files locally and overwrite them on the web server on my own responsibility?
Yes.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Thank you very much for your reply and information.
  •