News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Sorting on name in hindi language doesn't work

Started by diwakar26011989@gmail.com, 08.05.2021 07:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

diwakar26011989@gmail.com

Hi,
I found out something different behaviour in jdownloads for the files with hindi language. I upload many files in a category,. When I open this category, everything looks fine as desired. Like, If I upload files in hindi langugae , It shows in hindi, No problem here. When I sort this on date, It works fine. But when I sort them on basis of name, then It doesn't work. Sorting on name for hindi files looks problematic.
As I have many files in my website in hindi language. It becomes a need for us.
Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Diwakar
  •  

Arno

Hello,
sorry for the delay.
Do you mean the sort order like this one on the screenshot?
We have never tested this with a hindi language. But we can try to do this now.
Which settings do you have in the jDownloads options TAB Files and Folders? See second screenshot.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Hi,
Thanks for Reply!!
Yes I am talking about same sorting. I am attaching the screenshot.

Files and Folders settings
  •  

one more screenshot of Hindi Category in which all files are showing fine. Only sort by name is not working for hindi language.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just tested this on a multi language site which includes Arabic language.
Is your database UTF8 such as utf8mb4_unicode_ciCould you check what your databsa uses please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Hi,
I am sharing the screenshot of jdownloads_files table. Is this the same you are asking?

Thanks,
Diwakar
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for info - yes it was what i was asking about.For one more test could you please set  option 'UseUTF-8' to Yes in Options - Files and Folders tab
From my reasearches I suspect that we need to incorporate the LOCALE to indicate the languageColin

Colin M
  •  

Hi,
I have enabled this setting, Nothing happened.
It behaves as same as before. Sorting on name in hindi language is still not working.

Thanks,
Diwakar
  •  

Arno

Hi Diwakar,
are the jD categories sorted correct?
Or the Joomla articles? Which sort order have you selected here?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Hi,
Sorry, didn't get it what you are saying. Where should I check for the same?
For info, Category is sorted on name (alphabetically) and downloads(files) are sorted on date.

Thanks,
Diwakar
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Hi,
I have checked the setting. Previously it was set to "use option setting". Now I have changed it to as suggested(Title Alphabetical). I have attached the screenshot. But it didn't work.

Thanks,
Diwakar
  •  

ColinM

Diwaker
Need to check that the Joomla sort is working for articles. That is a check that the basic Hindii sorting is working.
  Please create say four articles each with a suitable Hindii title.  Create them in a single category - I used 'Article Cat 1'
  Also when creating them do not create them in alphabetical order
  For instance I created articles with the titles in the order: 'Article1-Lorem Ipsum'  then 'Article2-Lorem Ipsum' then 'New Article' and finally 'AA Fourth Article'.  This is to distinguish from a date order or the category list order etc.
The settings in the menu item override settings elsewhere.

Now create an Article Menu item of Category Blog type with a suitable title.  I used 'Articles in Category Blog style'

Set up the details of the menu as shown in pics 'menu setup01.png' and 'menu setup02.png'
  In your front end click on the menu item which should show you a pic as in 'menu setup03.png' but in Hindii
Please let us know the results
ThanksColin
Colin M
  •