News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Search functionality on JDownload files only

Started by Heste, 23.04.2021 11:57:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Heste

I have inherited a joomla site with jdownloads.  I've upgraded it to the latest version.  But now my client wants to have a 'module' on the homepage to search for documents only inside the jdownloads.
I had a look but can not seem to find in the documentation of jdownloads how to establish/create something like this.  Is there some manual/guidance/tutorial on how to achieve this?
Thank you in advance
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Would be pleased to help.  jD has multiple modules to show Downloads.Just for clarity a Download consists of the downloadable file plus a set of things like desriptions, preview images, the Download title and a host of other posibilities.  Most of these are stored in the data base
A useful start to the modules is articlehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/brief-overview-of-the-jdownloads-modules

There are particular articles on the Tree module which gives a 'tree' like view of the jD Categories
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/tree-module
The other modules show specific aspects soit depends what your client needs.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Heste

Thank you.  I think I've got the different options to display the files now and maybe have a solution to allow search for documents.  Will be in touch if there is anything else.
  •  

Tazzios

if you use smart search instead of search you can make an index with only jdownloads as content. Then  place an smartsearch module on the site that uses that index.