News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

restore timeout

Started by 614cooker, 27.03.2021 00:59:07

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

Hello im trying to do a jdownloads restore with a jdownloads backup file but it keeps timing out the backup has 7,000 downloads so it can take a while Ive changed many settings on my server but it still timesout. Could anyone tell me which settings affect the timeout for the backup restore to work.

thanks matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The jD Backup only makes a copy of the database items, not the files in the DownloadsSimilarly the Backup Restore just copies over the database entries.

So with over 7000 database entries it is most probably a timeout from your site.  Are you on a shared hosting site?  Not quite sure where this is set 
Probably best to discuss with your web site provider.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

614cooker

No its on a dedicated server Intel Xeon D-1520 - 32GB DDR4 ECC,

Ive changed the following settings,

FcgidBusyTimeout 3600,
FcgidIOTimeout 3600,

in apache php
,ax_execution_time = 3000
max_input_time = 6000
memory_limit = 812M
post_max_size = 800M
upload_max_filesize = 800M
default_socket_timeout = 2000

I just dont understand whats causing it, jdownloads 3.2 worked fine including the restore backup function but now I am using 3.9 with a 3.9 backup the backup wont restore.
  •  

614cooker

ok done alittle more research if I upload a backup sql it populates the database fully so i know its not a sql issue,

If I use the jdownloads backup function it fully populates the sql database but jdownloads hangs on the backup restore page till it times out. It looks like it is doing the full restore but does not change to completed instead its timing out.

I just dont think the jdownloads backup page is receiving the command that the server has finished the restore.

any ideas to solve this issue would be great and like always thank you.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
7000 database entries should not be a problem.
Or is this value only the total amount of Categories and Downloads?
Please note that jDownloads creates some entries more in other DB tables.

I will try in the next days a restore process here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •