News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

long load times in jdownloads

Started by Kloemi, 19.01.2021 18:48:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Kloemi

hi all,

I have locally installed xampp (version 7.4.14.0) and joomla which works fine (frontend and backend). Now I have additionally installed jdownloads (version 3.9.7.2) and have the problem that as soon as I do something in the component (create category, save etc.) I have to fight with long loading times (about 30 sec). Does anyone have an idea what this could be? The loading times are only in the jdownloads component. If I create posts etc in the Joomla backend everything runs smoothly. Am in despair and would be happy about an idea!

Thanks in advance
  •  

ColinM

HiSeveral users are reporting a slow response in the Backend of jDownloads  See
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12172
The time time varies from site to site and appearsrs to be on an 'after render' step as if something is waiting for completion like two web sits talking to each other.On some sites the delay is consistently about 60 seconds but on others it is around 30 or 40 seconds.

There is not a front end delay problem.
People who have tried one opf their test sites on XAMMP find it is  ok there, that is no delay.  So this is the first time that I have heard of it on an XAMMP site.
Could you advise ste config details database version, PHP version and so on
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Kloemi

Hi Colin,

thank you for your answer. The following configuration is available:

XAMPP Control Panel v.3.2.4
PHP version 7.4.14
Web server Apache 2.4.46
  •  

ColinM

Kloemi,I have looked at your php.ini fileand it has some 'unusual' settings.  The memory size direcetive uses the symbol G.  There are several differences
To help I have attached the php.ini file I am currently using.  I have ony changed the email location for obvious reasons.  Also I use my C  drive as it is SSD and much faster!Suggest youalso look athttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/general-items-v3-9/creating-a-joomla-test-site-on-xampp
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Kloemi

Thanks Colin. I have exchanged my php.ini with yours (of course with adjustment of the path) but unfortunately without success. Everything runs super fast only jdownloads in the backend takes forever. Have already tried so much but slowly no idea more.
  •  

ColinM

Hmm!
That is a problem as I have been unable to reproduce!  Makes solving dificult :(
Did you switch to drive C ?

On each of the pages in the backend there is a Help button -usually on right hand side.  Could you try seeing if they cause a delay or something unexpected - also try the help buttons on the individual Options pages.
These buttons are supposed to either give a default message or to go to the relevant page on the jD Documentation site.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

QuoteNow I have additionally installed jdownloads (version 3.9.7.2)
Have you updated to 3.9.7.3 in the meantime and did this solve your problem?

As Colin already noted, it exist sometimes a problem with the help URL check which can result in timeouts. This should be fixed with the last release.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •