News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

no created by user

Started by treat2day, 30.01.2021 21:14:13

Previous topic - Next topic

treat2day

How do get a created by user  in the files as batch task in order to make changes and delete?  I am the only user. The jDownloads installation is a restore moved to a new template. All the created by user (only one - super user) is blank due to super user ID changes.
I could not find the solution to this issue with words being simple, the search created unrelated solutions.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sorry but there is no batch  or other 'quick' method of assigning a 'Created by User' as a regular tool or similar
Assume you are on jD 3.7.x  If Not then the insructions below are WRONG as the naming has changed from jD 3.2 series.

If you are  a bit familiar with sql you can set up a query in phpMyAdmin similar to below

UPDATE `xxxx_jdownloads_files` SET `created_by`=nnn
where the xxxx is the actual prefix and nnn is the actual super user id found from the Users. eg 215

Suggest you make a backup first just in case. 

You need to select SQL then the Update button  Also phpMyAdmin has a 'Simulate Query' option that will check your syntax.
Tried it AOK on one of my test sites.
Colin
Colin M
  •