News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error 500 after updating to jDownloads v3.9.7.2 [Solved]

Started by LPLDevs, 22.12.2020 16:06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

LPLDevs

Hi,

We're getting the following error after updating to jDownloads version 3.9.7.2.

"Error 500

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17"

We're using Maria DB version 10.3.23 - Is jDownloads compatible with this version of Maria DB?

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thanks
  •  

LPLDevs

FYI..

We've also noticed that when we go to Check Download Area > Full Scan > We get "Error! Upload root directory does not exist."

We have tried changing the permissions on the root /jdownloads/ folder to 0755, but no joy unfortunately.

Below is what the debug produced visiting the page affected by the Error 500...

Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT\libraries\legacy\error\error.php:200
2   JError::raise()   JROOT\libraries\legacy\error\error.php:277
3   JError::raiseError()   JROOT\components\com_jdownloads\views\category\view.html.php:109
4   JdownloadsViewCategory->display()   JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:672
5   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()   JROOT\components\com_jdownloads\controller.php:74
6   jdownloadsController->display()   JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:710
7   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()   JROOT\components\com_jdownloads\jdownloads.php:30
8   require_once()   JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:402
9   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()   JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:377
10   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php:194
11   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()   JROOT\libraries\src\Application\SiteApplication.php:233
12   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()   JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:196
13   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT\index.php:49

Please advise.

Thanks
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for the delay but we are already in christmas holiday mode.  :-\

- You have succesful upgraded to the 3.9.7.2 version?
  If yes, please send me the installation log file from the administrator/log folder via PM

- Only the monitoring function has this problem and your backend works otherwise as expected?
- In frontend exist only the problems with the category view page?

Maybe it would be useful to send me login data for your backend via PM. Or at least a link to the site.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

LPLDevs

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply - Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we have just returned from Christmas leave.

In answer to your queries...

1. Yes we have successfully updated to jDownloads 3.9.7.2. I've just sent you the "1.com_jdownloads_install_logs.php" file as requested.

2. We can navigate around the backend fine, however when I try to upload a file I do get a file permissions error advising me to set CHMOD to 0755 - Which folder do I need to set these permissions on?

Yes it's only when I try to visit the frontend jDownloads page when I get the error 500.

I've just PM'd you the URL and credentials.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Many thanks
  •  

FloEllmann

Hi, we have the same problem. Would be pleased to get some help! 
  •  

Arno

Hi FloEllmann,
i will contact you tomorrow via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

LoMa

Quote from: FloEllmann on 08.01.2021 14:54:34
Hi, we have the same problem. Would be pleased to get some help!

I had exactly the same problem. My hoster is IONOS and I updated msql from 5.5 to 5.7 before. Maybe there is some context. The solution for me was to check and correct the absolute path in "JDownloads - Options - Path Settings" and also "system - configuration - server". With IONOS you find your absolute path here https://www.ionos.de/hilfe/hosting/php-fuer-web-projekt-verwenden/absoluten-pfad-document-root-ermitteln/ For me there was missing a "/kunden/" in front of the path.
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi LPLDevs,
as the login data was now correct I could check your backend a little bit.

Backend:
1. I could run the scan process without any problems.
    Note: it found two old folders which should not more exist (see pic). You should maybe delete this folders.

2. I could upload files successful without any error message (via Download creation and via Upload files page)

Frontend:
1. I could open every jDoownloads page and download files and all works as expected

So it seems for me that the reason for you prior issues was a file permissions problem which you had already solved. ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •