News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Fuser mounted shared drive

Started by Chedomir, 03.02.2022 14:40:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedomir

I have a rclone mounted shared google drive as a folder in jdownloads structure, this worked last year, but now jdownloads reports mounted folder as missing and doesn't see any files from it. Permissions are OK, and files can be opened via sftp.
  •  

Chedomir

Just 2 screenshots to perhaps shed some light on whats happening.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think the files youare looking for are secured by some key or password that is not known to jD

The article below might be of some help
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/general-items-v3-9/downloads-with-an-external-file

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Chedomir

It seems its some hidden security option, files are local as far as jDownloads or any app is concerned, but it seems the system is isolating mirrored drive as i have run daemon as root even though i set the uid and guid to the right user :(
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Are you saying that you have set up the remote drive as a mirrowed drive?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I understand not really what you have tried.  ::)
Could this be what you mean: https://www.cbtnuggets.com/blog/certifications/cloud/unlimited-local-storage-with-google-drive-and-rclone

(I have never tried it and have no experience with this issue.)

Exist the problem with the scan result only in a single folder or affects it all the folders?

And it is still possible to download the files in the frontend? I mean as long as they don't confirm the search result and have the changes made.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Chedomir

@arno something like that. In the meantime I tried running the mounting cron as the user that runs this website, but no luck.
Apparently the jdownloads daemon that scans for file and folder changes runs under some other user, which made the mounted drive invisible to it. I have temporarily cleared the problem by mounting it with allow other flag, but that's not really a solution I'm comfortable with long term.

BTW the idea is to allow workers in city planing to have their huge files automatically published on the municipal website without wasting our web host storage nor my time. And if this works, I think I'll move all the departmants on similar system...
  •