News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download bug with 3.9.7.2

Started by Multistud, 22.11.2020 19:50:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Multistud

Hello Arno,
I still have a small problem, unable to send files from the "File" tab,
on the other hand it is possible from the "download" -> new tab.
So we can't send multiple files at once?

Thank you
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please send me login data for your backend via PM when possible.

By the way this seems for me not to be a bug. More a browser or settings problem.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

HiMaybe I misunderstand.
The Files Tab is used to upload files to create DownloadsThis is not really intended for users to download a file
In the front end you can use one of the layouts such as Compact Files Layout with Checkboxes
Here you can select several Downloads.  When downloading the relevant files from the selected Downloads are automatically combined into a zip file.  It is this zip file that the user receives.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Multistud

I think you misunderstood.
I have been using jDownload for a long time, and still for the same use (The possibility of giving my customers to download their PDF invoices via private access).
So every month I upload all my PDF invoices via "File" and then I create my downloads.
It always worked well with other versions 3.2 and 3.9.6 even with 3.9.7!
François
  •  

Multistud

I attach a pdf to better understand
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thankyou for the pdf - it did clarify where the problem exists.  Basically  in the Files option it will not upload the selected files.  They should be uploaded to the jD root directory.  This is normally called jdownloads.

I have tried this on one of my test sytems and all is well. So it is not a 'global' bug.
First could you let us know the settings in the Uploads tab options - see pic Files-01.png for the settings I am using.
What is the name of your root directory?  Please check this in the Path Settings tab in Options  - do not show the full path in your reply only whether the last part is jdownloads

Are you able to write to the jdownloads directory using say eXtplorer or by FTP?

Can you create a Download in the Backend (Downloads)?
Which browser are you using?
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Multistud

Hello again,
root folders are good, you can see it in the attached video
with the FTP screen
Creation via "download works well (see video)
The tests were done on Safari / Firefox / Opera / Chrome.

I can also place files directly via ftp in the jdownloads directory.

cordially François
  •  

Arno

Hi François,
we have not changed anything in this jDownloads function between 3.9.6 and 3.9.7.x.

I therefore suspect that something has changed in their server settings.
We also have no reports from other users that something is not working here.  ::)

I will try to check the here used PLUpload script what here going on.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi François,
when you visit the backend from our demo installation here:

https://www.jdownloads.org/administrator/   
(use demo / demo as login data)

you will see that everything works as expected with the upload script. So the problem must have to do with your server.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Multistud

Hello,
here are the settings for my SQLPrivat server: MySQL 5.7 (By OVH).
What do you think ?

max_user_connections : 50
innodb_buffer_pool_size : 64 Mo
max_connections : 100
interactive_timeout : 600 secondes
tmpdir : /dev/shm
max_allowed_packet : 8 Mo
wait_timeout : 600 secondes
event_scheduler : off
autocommit : on
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please note that I'm not a server professional.
So I can not help here really.

The documentation from the PLUpload script says only:

HTTP transport error. For example if the server produces a HTTP status other than 200.
code: -200

I think this could maybe also the result from wrong folder settings or permissions. But I have never see this on my own websites.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

olizan

Hello
I have similar problem since Google Chrome change his security level.
Try with another navigator such as edge.
Olivier
  •