News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download limits nor enforced

Started by larbut01, 10.11.2020 19:46:12

Previous topic - Next topic

larbut01

My Jdownloads installation does not enforce download limits in all situations.
When testing with my test user, I reach the dowload limit and I'mn restricted from further downloads, as expected.

Still some users are able to download as many files as they like, over a short period of time.

To me it looks like the Limits system has some kind of flaw, but I don't know what's wrong.

Attached are screenshots of my testing results (as expected), the downloads log showing users downloading massive amount of files, exceeding the limits. (there are more examples) and a screenshot of the Limits settings I use.

I can give access to backend if anyone wants to have a closer look.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Is the user who appears to have unlimited access a member of another User Group that has a higer ranking level?
If a user belongs to multiple user groups then jD will use the limits set in the user group with the higest ranking level.
For exampe if they were in the Trusted Members UG or the Editors UG then there are no limits set.
Could you check if you set the Members UG to a ranking osay 123
Colin

Colin M
  •  

larbut01

Thank you for getting back to me, Colin!
The vast majority of users I have are only members of one User Group, "Member". So, no the "unlimited access" examples I have seen are not member of higher ranked groups.

I have now changed the Ranking of UG "Member" to 123 (highest ranking). I will give it a couple of days to see if that changes anything.
I'll get back to you.

-Lars
  •  

Arno

Hi Lars,
please let me know when this issue still exist.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

larbut01

Hi Arno!
First, thank you for the great work on the Jdownloads component!

For the case above, the system has been running for two days with the changed Ranking as described by Colin, and so far there are no signs of users downloading more than the allowable limits. So, it seems like Ranking of the User Groups have something to do with the problem initially described.

I will continue to study the log going forward and let you know if any user again manage do download more than the allowed limits.

Thank you for great support!
-Lars
  •