News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upgrade impossible

Started by Multistud, 09.11.2020 14:39:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Multistud

Hello, I am currently using version 3.9.6 of jDownloads
Joomla tells me an update to 3.9.7.1, but this one is impossible,
so I downloaded this version from your site but still the same
(Error: Component error during installation, Alert: Unknown column 'file_id' in field list '). 

How to solve this problem ?

Thanks

PS: I updated from version 3.2.6.9 to 3.9.6 last week!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The database  field 'file_id' is no longer used in jD itself.  It was changed to just 'id' in the 3.7 series.

It is possible that you have another extension that uses 'file_id'

Please see the link below which explains a little more
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9#standard-extensions
Actually I am a bit surprised that jD3.9.6 installed as it has similar checks but they are more comprehensive in 3.7
I would suggest you temporarily  revert back to jD 3.2.  Seehttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
If your native language is not English then you can get instant online translation to other languages. When viewing an article just click on the 'Select Language' pulldown at the top right of the screen'.
I will also send you a PM
Best wishes
Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteActually I am a bit surprised that jD3.9.6 installed as it has similar checks but they are more comprehensive in 3.7
the reason could be that first after this update was installed the older third-party extension.

But when the 3.9.6 version works as expected he should not go back to the old 3.2 series. My opinion.
I think it should be possible to check out what is the reason for this error message (only by this user).  :)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Multistud

Hello,
I do not understand what is happening, I had updated the ACYMAILING and CommunityBuilder plugins (Besides, they work perfectly!).
I loaded my website internally via MAMP) But I still have this same error?
 "Unknown column 'file_id'"
On my server I have uninstalled ACYMailing and CommunityBuilder, always the same !!!

I installed version 3.9.7.1 via FTP by loading file by file, by opening jDownloads it indicates to me that I am in version 3.9.7.1,
but Joomla still asks me to update?
I try to do it again via joomla but still the same error message "Unknown column 'file_id'" ???

On the other hand, I saw the elements that you created in frontend via my menu "FACTURES" (List All Categories) and in backend

Thanks, I keep looking !!!!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please activate for a test the debug function in Joomla. Maybe you see then a more detailed error message.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Multistud

Hello,
after multiple research and tests, still unable to update from version 3.9.6 to 3.9.7.1? (Unknown column 'file_id' in 'field list').
As you recommended to me I activated the DEBUG (System + language) of joomla. I corrected the language errors (Fr), but that does not change anything at the level of the update!
In the database I find the (file_id) in the structure of the table (jdownloads_rating)
Moreover for the votes they work well in frontend, but do not display in backend (Mod - jDownloads Stats for Administrators - Most Rated and Top Rated).

Another bug, which I also found on other test installations with only Joomla + jDownloads.
The (Mod - jDownloads Stats for Administrators) does not want to display in "cpanel" (Class 'JDownloadsHelper' not found)
on the other hand the (mod-jDownloads Administrator Monitoring) is displayed in "cpanel"

I have given all access to ColinM so that it can make checks

Thanking you in advance
Francois PARTY
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the info. Yes in the ratings table is still use this for the user ratings. But not for the file handling. And this is also not the reason for your error message. I will check your backend today so far as possible. Do you have a backup?   
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Multistud

Hello,
Yes I have several backups because I installed it internally with MAMP on test sites.

Thanking you in advance
Francois PARTY
  •  

Arno

Hi,
could I get access data for the database via PM? I need to check the jD tables.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Multistud

OK I will create an access for you
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the access. I found a small bug in the _content_types table for Downloads but this does not solve the issue with the update.

Could you send me a complete akeeba backup? In this case I could install it here localy and I could try to find the problem with my debug system.  ::)

But strange that other users do not have this problem. Could it be possible that you still have a third-party extension (or plugin) that supports some functionality in jDownloads? An extensions that we don't know about?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Multistud

I sent you the link this morning, to load the file ask from my site (multistud.net) Menu "List TestCat" Name "Arno", because the file was too big to send by PM! Please let me know as soon as you have downloaded it so that I can delete it from my server!
  •  

Multistud

Ok I activated your account in joomla
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I could find the reason for the update fails. I will report it later in detail but will first try to repair it in your online installation.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I could now succesful update your jDownloads to version 3.9.7.2. See pic.  ;)

Unexpectedly there was an old 3.2.x configuration table in your database with the original old table name. No idea why. This was the reason for the update trouble. I have now add in the newest version an addititional check to fix this.

I think without the akkeba backup I had no chance to find this bug. Thanks.
Also the module issue on the cpanel position is now fixed.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •