News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Direct download links not working after update

Started by meliot, 12.10.2020 17:06:16

Previous topic - Next topic

meliot

Hello,

I upgraded jDownloads from version 3.2.6 to version 3.9.6.
Now the direct download links aren't working anymore.
I used this generic link for the layout: index.php?option=com_jdownloads&task=download.send&id{file_id}&catid={cat_id}&m=0
The link in the front end looks like this: /component/jdownloads/?task=download.send&id=[ID]&catid=[ID]&m=0&Itemid=101
Now when I click on a link in the frontend I get the error: 0 Invalid controller: name='download', format=""

How can this issue be resolved or is there any alternative for direkt links?

•  

ColinM

Hi
Presume your direct links are in articles, modules or a jD Description.
Direct links can be a pain!  It can be SEF dependant. So I always use the Content Plugin approach.  See article

https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/modules-plugins-v3-9/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules
for more info
Colin
Colin M
  •  

meliot

Hi Colin,

thanks for your reply.
Yes, I use jDownloads direct links in modules (like {jd_file file==100}) and articles with the custom link mentioned before.
I also use the content plugin and have enabled the prepare content option in the modules.
The same error occurs in articles as well in modules and the link in the front end is the same for both.

Any other suggestions?
  •  

meliot

I enabled debugging, perhaps someone knows how to fix this?

Invalid controller: name='download', format=''
/usr/www/users/user1/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:291

Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   ()   JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:291
2   Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController::getInstance()   JROOT/components/com_sppagebuilder/sppagebuilder.php:23
3   require_once()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
4   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
5   Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
6   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
7   Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()   JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
8   Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()   JROOT/index.php:49

Thanks!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
A couple of things.

Do you have jD Downloads shown other than by the content plugin say from one of the jD modules or by a jD Menu Item?
Also do you have a jD menu item type 'List all Categories'?  It could be a hidden menu item.
Can you do a test page as a regular Joomla! article linked to its own menu item using the Content plugin outside Page Builder.
So far I cannot reproduce your problem
ColinPS I will send you a PM
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Meliot,
as we have it described many times and also warned at the beginning from the upgrade process we have changed some fields in the database tables. As result can it be that some third-party extensions does not more work as expected.

In your case seems it to be the Page Builder. See your error message. Here is nothing to see from jDownloads self. I have no experiences with the Page Builder extension. So maybe should you contact the Page Builder support. Maybe exist an newer version?

The jDownloads content plugin can not be a problem. The syntax from the placeholder is still the same as in 3.2.x. When you have add in articles or other content any content placegolders and this use a hard coded 'file_id' or 'cat_id', so you should change this parts to  'id' and 'catid'. This should solve this problem. Should you use a special system or content plugin from Page Builder so it could be required to change maybe it directly in their source code.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •