News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Slow backend for jDownloads [Solved]

Started by infonet36, 23.09.2020 12:57:59

Previous topic - Next topic

infonet36

Hi, (sorry for my english) I can't use jDownloads on a clean install of Joomla online. The backend of jDownloads takes 60 seconds to load. My MYSQL version is 5.6 and I can't change it. Can it be the reason why it's so slow ? On local installation, it work like a charm on 5.7 version. (My system online info in attachements...). Thank you for your great job ! Jos

Please seehttp://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12172.msg46260#msg46260
ColinM
  •  

infonet36

I've tested on a local machine with the same versions of php (7.3.18) and Mysql (5.6.48) as they are online. But no change, it works on local, it's so slow online (Firebug say juste that it waits for server...).
As you can see on attached images there are 307 responses on the online version and the index.php?option=com_jdownloads is called two times.
Thanks for your help. Have a nice day !
  •  

Arno

Hi,
maybe should you contact your hoster and tell him your problem (and your test results). Maybe are you on a very busy (and shared) server.

When both installation are (complete) the same could be the reason only the server settings. In my opinion.

You could also activate the Joomla debug option to see how long need the DB queries.  ::)

By the way, my experience is that Joomla is on the server much faster as on a local environment (like xampp or wampp).

Edit:
A very important tip is that you should never choice a very cheap hoster for a Joomla website.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

infonet36

Thanks for you answer. Unfortunately, it's not a cheap one. It's a performance 2 by OVH https://www.ovh.com/fr/hebergement-web/hebergement-performance.xml and Joomla is running fast on it. I will better look on DB queries... Thank you. Jos
  •  

infonet36

You can the in the linked debug screenshot that the 60 sec waiting is on the "beforeRenderModule mod_jdownloads_admin_stats" line. If i disable "admin_stats" and "admin_monitoring" modules in admin,  the 60 sec wainting is on the "afterRenderComponent com_jdownloads". And the DB queries seem to take only 64.20 ms... Maybe it can help... Thanks
  •  

Arno

Okay. Thanks for the data.
A few questions:
- the problem exist only when you call the jDownloads control panel?
- all other backend pages has a normal loading time?
- the jDownloads frontend pages has a normal loading time?
- how many categories and Downloads have you in the download area?
- which jDownloads version use you? And which Joomla?
- have you get any response from your hoster?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

infonet36

Thanks for your response.

• - Yes the problem exists only on all jDownloads admin pages
  • - All other backend pages have a normal loading time
  • - jDownloads frontend pages have a normal loading time
  • - I tried with one jDownloads category and  five downloads and after with a just clean install
  • - Versions are : Joomla! : 3.9.21. jDownloads :  3.9.5
  • - No response from OVH now but they will tell me that it's come from site for sure...
Thank you for your efforts
  •  

Arno

Hi Jos,
QuoteYes the problem exists only on all jDownloads admin pages
I tried with one jDownloads category and  five downloads and after with a just clean install
That's strange. Nobody else has reported a problem like this.

QuoteNo response from OVH now but they will tell me that it's come from site for sure...
Normally should it be possible to see in the log files something about the reasons. I hope.

Have you any third-party extensions installed? Maybe a system plugin?
Of course I could try to optimize some jDownloads queries and could add more indexes.
But I'm not sure that this will be helpful in your case.

Google has some results with the afterRenderComponent event in some other components:
https://www.google.com/search?q=afterRenderComponent&oq=afterRenderComponent&aqs=chrome..69i57.367j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are you sure that you have a php version >= 7.2?
I will think about what I can do.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Could you please try to deactivate for a test the jDownloads system plugin?
But you must it afterwards activate again. It is required for jDownloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

infonet36

Hi, unfortunately there is nothing in log but this

• [24/Sep/2020:17:48:23 +0200] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads HTTP/1.1" 200 38563 "/administrator/index.php?option=com_menus&view=items&menutype=mainmenu" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0"
  • [24/Sep/2020:17:49:24 +0200] "GET /media/jui/css/chosen.css?66a5d27a93474db2f3e9837badaa2cd8 HTTP/1.1" 200 2407 "/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0"

• [24/Sep/2020:18:23:17 +0200] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=categories HTTP/1.1" 200 34665 "/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0"
  • [24/Sep/2020:18:24:18 +0200] "GET /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/assets/css/style.css HTTP/1.1" 200 2975 "/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=categories" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:81.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/81.0"

See times beetween lines...
- No third-party extension but a fresh install of joomla and just after a fresh install of jDownloads
- I looked on the google's results but I didn't find solution there
- Yes, php 7.3
- I tried to deactivate and reactivate the plugin but nothing happens
- I made another same fresh install on another server (Not a "Performance 2" by OVH but a "PRO" (which has less performances but where Jommla runs fine and which has differents parameters than the other one) and on a another domain. But it's the same. Thanks
  •  

Arno

Hi,
yes I see what you mean. But it is not possible to reproduce your problem. Also not on one of our server installations.
And as I say it again: Nobody else has reported your problem until today. So what shall I do?

You can self test it here on the demo installation:
https://www.jdownloads.org/administrator/index.php
User: demo
Password: demo

It is very fast. See attached the configuration.

Alternate could you create in minutes here a Joomla Website for free and test it also there:
https://launch.joomla.org/

By the way, the free websites above are not the fastest.  ;)

Edit:
I read about a similar case a few minutes ago. There the site had been hacked and a plugin tried to load malicious code. Since the source did not respond, 60 seconds passed until the timeout. That would also be your waiting time. Maybe you should scan your Joomla installations for viruses.  ::)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

infonet36

Thank you. I don't find the origin of the problem... Maybe a wrong parameter in OVH's servers. I just can say that it works with the jdownloads 3.2.69...
  •  

Arno

Hi Jos,
thanks for the update. Unfortunately this is not a happy outcome. But I will keep watching this post and if you find anything, let me know.

Every year we have maybe two or three topics with problems that nobody can understand or reproduce. Sometimes I get later an info at some point that it had something to do with the server and is now solved. But only rarely do I get reported the real reasons.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Klaus1001

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. Slow backend on production site, all other components of the backend are fine. If I install a backup of my site on my local computer, everything works as expected.
The only thing I changed before the backend of jdownloads became slow was moving from PHP 7.3 to PHP 7.4.
Jdownloads is version 3.9.7.2.Any help is appreciated.
Best regards Klaus

This is the system information of my server:
Einstellung             Wert            

PHP erstellt für Linux info 3.0 #1337 SMP Tue Jan 01 00:00:00 CEST 2000 all GNU/Linux            
Database Type mysql            
Datenbankversion 5.7.30-log            
Datenbankzeichensatz utf8_general_ci            
Datenbankverbindungszeichensatz utf8mb4_general_ci            
PHP-Version 7.4.13            
Webserver Apache            
PHP-Interface für den Webserver cgi-fcgi            
Joomla!-Version Joomla! 3.9.5 Stable [ Amani ] 9-April-2019 15:00 GMT            
Joomla!-Plattform-Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT            
Browsererkennung Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0

•  

raunhar

I am also facing slow JDownload issue. No such issue in any of the components.
  •