News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

problems with downloads since downgrade

Started by 614cooker, 11.09.2020 19:00:38

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

Since downgrading back to 3.2 jdownloads ive got a problem with newly added downloads. This is only since downgrading so any downloads before the upgrade to 3.9 is unaffected unless I change settings for the new added files.

basically any new download or categories added no one can download except the super user.

Ive checked all the recent downloads and permissions setting in both the categories, downloads and usergroup and they are

public download
guest download
registered create and download.

but since going back too 3.2 newly created categories, downloads ect automatically goes to not allowed on all settings.

I am able to get the settings to change but if I change the one setting on a new download it changes all the old downloads to not allowed so is there a way to change the settings on all downloads without going through them one by one as I have over 5,000 downloads.

I hope I am making sense hopefully the developers will understand.

Thanks again Matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not seen that before. 
Seems like the Permissions have been upset!

Will send you a PM (Private Message)
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Matt,
please note that the downgrading back is only an attempt to recover data for use again with v3.2. And this is only required when users have a) an older database version and b) this users have not created a backup!

The copy of the jDownloads database tables is not enough to restore complete the old state!

So the best way would still be to try the upgrade. But only if a complete backup has been created with akeeba backup and you have a supported db version.

Use this to check your permission settings:
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/access-controls-user-group-permissions-v3-2/show-permissions-graphically-an-overview

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

614cooker

thanks for the help I have got it fixed and all the jdownloads permissions have been sorted. Im going to stick with 3.2 for a little longer as I had alot of issues with my template with 3.9 and I dont know if it was template problems or jdownloads 3.9 that was the issue. I will more then likely wait for a while then try again with a copy of my website.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quotethanks for the help I have got it fixed and all the jdownloads permissions have been sorted.
Fine. Thanks for the backup.

About your template problems: when you use the same (old 3.2) layout versions you should also with 3.9 nearly the same output. But it is always a good idea to test it with a local copy.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •