News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads 3.9.5 pre-release

Started by Arno, 04.09.2020 20:05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

The final release is published now!

jDownloads 3.9.5 pre-release

Interested users can now download and test a corrected pre-release version 3.9.5 here (use the download link below).

Users which have still a jDownloads 3.2.69 version installed can try the upgrade directly! A version 3.2.70 is not required!

Warning: This is not an official version and should therefore not yet be used on productive websites. Always create a complete backup before testing an upgrade process!

The official version shall be published very soon. But we need first additional test results. Thank you for your help. Post your results here in this topic.

Changelog:
- the DB changes in the upgrade process corrected for users which has still a MySQL version < 5.7
- in the first version was sometimes sub categories not displayed in the Frontend
- the monitoring function is now Cronjob compatible again
- in the admin_stats module is checked now the usage of Overrides and displayed a hint in the control panel when in use

Update 9. September 2020:

Here is the next pre-release 3.9.5 from today.

Changes:
- a new tag has been added to the manifest file of jDownloads:
   <minimum_databases>mysql=5.7 mariadb=10.2 postgresql=9.6</minimum_databases>
- In the upgrade part is now checked which DB system and version is installed on the users server. Should it be to old, the upgrade process will be abort with a hint.
- is the installed db version compatible should be finished the upgrade process also when a db error occurs.

Note: Want a user to try the upgrade with unsupported db versions on own risk, he can do it when he manipulate (or remove) the tag above. But this is not recommended and we cannot give any support in this case.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Any results?  ::)

Important would also be to know which MySQL version the testers use when tried an upgrade from 3.2.69!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Hello, I was trying to upgrade from 3.2.69 to 3.9.5 but not the success its hows some error, please see the screencast link.
Link: https://www.webday.no/jdownloads-screencast.mp4

Any help! Am very interesting to upgrade to 3.9 so please is some help.

•  

Arno

Hi Ibrahim,
thanks for the posted informations. Strange!

Important questions:
1. are you sure that this was the first time you tried to upgrade the 3.2.69 version? So it was 'untouched' really?
2. the version 3.2.69 has works as expected before?
3. you use not any third-party extensions for jDownloads?

The error comes at the end from the installation part and we cannot reproduce this here by upgrade tests. But I will check what could be the reason in your case.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ibrahim

Hei Arno!
1. First time
Yes its first-time install/upgrade, first updated to 3.2.69, then tried to upgrade to 3.9 Imported the categories from SQL its worked, but not for files. I know the new version isn't the same database structure.
I tried to delete a few backups just for testing, it will work if I uninstall all jdownloads its will be installed with an error, on its point I

2. The version
After updating to 3.2.69 its works without any errors. works as expected

3. Third-party
AltaUserPoints that installed with the latest version.
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the fast reply.
Sorry but I do not understand what you mean with:
QuoteImported the categories from SQL its worked, but not for files. I know the new version isn't the same database structure.
I tried to delete a few backups just for testing, it will work if I uninstall all jdownloads its will be installed with an error, on its point I

And please could you send me via PM the log file from the pic below? Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

mercomtw

the update worked. mysql version 5.7.21 on a local wampp server.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thank you for your report.  Most helpful.

It confirms our assessment that the problem is with sites that have MySQL version less than 5.7 (or with other database managers who are not 5.7 compliant) 

As far as we know all sites with 5.7 have upgraded satisfactorily.
Anticipate that a check will be made in the release for which version of MySQL.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I have published above now a modified pre-release.

Changes:
- a new tag has been added to the manifest file of jDownloads:
   <minimum_databases>mysql=5.7 mariadb=10.2 postgresql=9.6</minimum_databases>
- In the upgrade part is now checked which DB system and version is installed on the users server. Should it be to old, the upgrade process will be abort with a hint.
- is the installed db version compatible should be finished the upgrade process also when a db error occurs.

It would be useful when all users which had a problem with the first pre-release try it now again with this newer version.

Note: Want a user to try the upgrade with unsupported db versions on own risk, he can do it when he manipulate (or remove) the tag above. But this is not recommended and we cannot give any support in this case.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •