News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

I have a strange problem with subcategory - [Solved in 3.9.5]

Started by nicolaas1, 22.08.2020 00:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

nicolaas1

Thanx

You can have a look at what happend to me, i created them all could see them, and then i changed the sorting to alphabetical titel, andesuddenly no subcats or only one.

The categories are there because the dropbox shows them,

xxx

Even if i place it back to default applicaion they don't come back, or is the sort order the first thing you need to set ?
Before creatingnanything ?

Hope this is not going to happen with files to.

I can tell you that it is a proper database.

Edit by admin:
please do not publish here any login data. Use the private message function for it. Thanks.
  •  

Arno

QuoteI installed the old jdownloads 3.2.68 and it updated direct to the latest version from 3.9 i used the standard categories form 3.2.
This should not be possible as you should then see the message below.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

nicolaas1

Arno

Well i had it happening, from 3.2.68 to 3.9.2  if i'm not wrong.
  •  

nicolaas1

Quote from: nicolaas1 on 26.08.2020 14:42:18
Arno

Well i had it happening, from 3.2.68 to 3.9.2  if i'm not wrong.
Unless colin already changed the installer.
So i'm going to do a reinstall on another install, but i always loosing my subcategories if i say sort to alphabetic titel.
Or  do you need to set that on before creating catergories. Colin is looking at this: i gave him access to the site.

•  

nicolaas1

Collin,

Installed the last version but no fix for me.
Think i will go take a look at the old version, or another download system.
You should have stayed with the 3.2 series an developpe these, and not trying to integrate things, or you should have tested a lot longer, and kept it in beta.

Can you please try to make this work like it should.

Sorry.
  •  

Arno

Hi nikolaas,
I understand your displeasure.
But please note that we have over two years worked on this new release. We had 6 public beta releases which could test interested users over more as 11 months! jDownloads is an Open Source product and is dependent on the support and feedback of the users. But we have never get posted a problem like yours (or a problem from some other users in the last days). Never! So we are very surprised and disappointed.

I have now decided to stop all updates to the new version for the time being. This is valid until we could finally solve all new problems reported here and a corresponding new version is available. However, this may take some time. There are far fewer problems with new installations and the errors reported so far will be corrected in the short term.

Colin works on a short manual to give users instructions how it is possible to go back to the old version 3.2.x. I think it should be published tomorrow.

Sorry.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

nicolaas1

Ok. Do you still need my test site ? Else i delete it.
  •  

Arno

Quote from: nicolaas1 on 27.08.2020 12:21:15
Ok. Do you still need my test site ? Else i delete it.
Please could you send me the login data via PM? Thanks a lot.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have witten a document about restoring a jd3.9 back to jD3.2https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/reverting-back-to-jd3-2
We spent many days, weeks months testing and never found anyhappening like thes strange events - all very annoying and disappointing.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •