News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

3.9 update problem

Started by clili74, 18.08.2020 16:28:27

Previous topic - Next topic

clili74

Oops sorry, I have a problem on my sites since the update to 3.9, I receive this error message "" Joomla \ CMS \ Filesystem \ Folder :: create: Unable to create directory "Path: / Uncategorised?
And since then I can't create categories anymore ....  :(
Thanks for what you can do.
Best regards
;)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
what for a Joomla version have you installed?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

clili74

Hi,

the last version : Joomla! 3.9.20
  •  

clili74

Hi,

the last version : Joomla! 3.9.20

and the installed version of Jdownloads 3.9.1

Since the members of my site no longer have access to the download pages ... they receive this online display:

Quote500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 16

Thanks for your help.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for this bad circumstances.
Could you send me login data for your backend via PM? Then I will try to solve it.
Or restore your backup file and use for the moment still the older version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the login data. I could solve this issue now.
I think it was a problem with an incomplete upgrade process.

What I did:
- installed akeeba backup
- created a complete backup
- installed the Joomla eXtplorer extension
- then corrected the missing Uncategorised folder in the jdownloads files root folder
- started a monitoring scan in jD control panel to check the data consistences
- started finally the jDownloads update to v.3.9.2 (this installed all missing parts from the first installation try)
- A first frontend check looks fine  ;)

Unfortunately I don't know exactly what was wrong with the first upgrade process and why it was interrupted.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

clili74

Thanks for your work, :D

I will try to fix a second site which had the same problem, jdownloads installation was interrupted the same way, weird ...

I will try to follow what you did, I had noticed that the "Uncategorized" folder was named "_uncategorised_files" I tried to rename it but since that hadn't changed anything, I put it back as it was. :P

On the other hand on a 3rd site, the installation went well. ::)

I note indeed that the presentation is not as before ... "No valid layout found for Categories!" I think I can find the original presentation. ::) :)

Best regards ;)

•  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •