News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

3.9 update problem

Started by clili74, 18.08.2020 16:28:27

Previous topic - Next topic

clili74

Oops sorry, I have a problem on my sites since the update to 3.9, I receive this error message "" Joomla \ CMS \ Filesystem \ Folder :: create: Unable to create directory "Path: / Uncategorised?
And since then I can't create categories anymore ....  :(
Thanks for what you can do.
Best regards
;)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
what for a Joomla version have you installed?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

clili74

Hi,

the last version : Joomla! 3.9.20
  •  

clili74

Hi,

the last version : Joomla! 3.9.20

and the installed version of Jdownloads 3.9.1

Since the members of my site no longer have access to the download pages ... they receive this online display:

Quote500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 16

Thanks for your help.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for this bad circumstances.
Could you send me login data for your backend via PM? Then I will try to solve it.
Or restore your backup file and use for the moment still the older version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the login data. I could solve this issue now.
I think it was a problem with an incomplete upgrade process.

What I did:
- installed akeeba backup
- created a complete backup
- installed the Joomla eXtplorer extension
- then corrected the missing Uncategorised folder in the jdownloads files root folder
- started a monitoring scan in jD control panel to check the data consistences
- started finally the jDownloads update to v.3.9.2 (this installed all missing parts from the first installation try)
- A first frontend check looks fine  ;)

Unfortunately I don't know exactly what was wrong with the first upgrade process and why it was interrupted.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

clili74

Thanks for your work, :D

I will try to fix a second site which had the same problem, jdownloads installation was interrupted the same way, weird ...

I will try to follow what you did, I had noticed that the "Uncategorized" folder was named "_uncategorised_files" I tried to rename it but since that hadn't changed anything, I put it back as it was. :P

On the other hand on a 3rd site, the installation went well. ::)

I note indeed that the presentation is not as before ... "No valid layout found for Categories!" I think I can find the original presentation. ::) :)

Best regards ;)

•  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •