News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can't disable the access-checkbox in user group settings

Started by anchrkri, 15.05.2020 15:55:48

Previous topic - Next topic

anchrkri

Hello,

thanks for your great download-extension! Today I upgraded from Version 3.2.67 to Version: 3.2.0.6 (Beta 6)

I have a problem in the "Change User Group Settings -> Group Creation/Editing Settings" section in the jDownloads Backend:

Under "Publishing tab" I tried to disable the "Access"-checkbox so that my uploader in the frontend does not have to chose the view access level, but unfortunately I cannot save this configuration. The checkbox stays checked.

Thank you!

Viele Grüße
Anna

•  

ColinM

AnnaTo turn off Access you also need to untick Single Use Access as well as Access.  You do obviously also need to set a default access in the 'Default access view level' option.

This behavior seems to me to be strange as 'Single User Access' and 'Acces level' are logically being independant -jD uses the content of the access level to implement Single User Access.
Will discus with Arno.
ColinEDITAppears that 'Single User Access' and 'Acces level' are logically related.  So solution is to document the requirement.Colin
Colin M
  •  

anchrkri

Thank you very much for your reply! When I uncheck the "single user access" I can also uncheck the "access" box, like you explained. In my case it would be nice when the frontend-uploader does not have to choose the access level when he uploads something for a special user. It should be as simple as possible for him and he does not know what access level means. I found the option "default access view level" which you mentioned. Would it be possible to use this option, so that I can untick the visibility of "access" for my uploader? Danke!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes if you set the required access level in the Access puldown that that is what jD will use so you can then untick the 'Access' tickbox so the question is not asked in Front End
Colin
Colin M
  •  

anchrkri

Hi Colin,

thanks again for your reply. Unfortunately it is not working   :-\. When I choose
the default access level and untick the access checkbox it checkes the box again when I save. As workaround I hide the access-level dropdown in the frontend via CSS. Thats not a good way, I know, but at the moment it works for me.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
To untick the Access box you also need to untick the Single Access box below it as well.
Have instituted documentation and text changes.
Colin
Colin M
  •