News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Image Resizing 'challenge'

Started by ColinM, 17.03.2020 11:26:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Hi

This topic was originally posted by 614cooker
I would like to resize my images and I have used the "Remake all thumbnails again using above sizes?" option in Config - Pictures.  But it times out before it finishes. Which would not bother me but since doing it my thumbnails have been deleted. Luck has it I had a backup but I now have different size thumbnails for my downloads so is there a work around to resize my thumbnails without it timing out. Just 3900 downloads thumbnails is a lot to lose! I also have some downloads that now have missing thumbnails as my backup was a couple days old so newer downloads did not have a backup at the time.

Colin M
  •  

Arno

It would be possible to install via Akeeba backup a locally version from the website on the PC (with all pics).
Then all set high all limits and try it again. Fact is that the image resize functions need much time and a lot memory.

Maybe can we in a later version try to overwork this part in jDownloads a little bit to prevent the timeouts.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

614cooker

thank you Arno, I decided to setup a old server I had at home and see if my server can deal with it. Then I will upload the new screenshots to my website. Shame the uk does not have good upload speeds otherwise I would be self hosting the website. As the server I have is a really good range server.

Anyway thanks again.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Some time pictures are at a very high density (dpi) so I often reduce the density before uoplading.  This makes it easier for the resizing.
Colin
Colin M
  •