News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Discuss about SEO / Macht SEO Sinn?

Started by lukass2000, 21.11.2009 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

nicholasstorm

Guess there is no way around it but hard work. Thanks
  •  

paulerussel

Hey guys! If you want resources for learning SEO, I have one that might help.
  •  

grouponclone

Quote from: toothfairy on 13.12.2011 20:26:40
What would be the simplest way to understand SEO especially if the person is not technical at all?

There is no simply way to understand about SEO, but you can check this information on google. google has provide lots of simply ways related anything..
  •  

chriswhitson

There are actually great resources from the net. If you know how to search using Google, you might find what you need.
  •  

dennisbalger

Can someone post links on how to improve my site ranking using SEO techniques? Thanks!
  •  

jasonabunda

Dennis, I'll send you the links. I'll PM you..
  •  

danialdanT

what language they used,i like seo but don't understand the first two post.all people like seo,so we must discuss in English.so everyone will be helped by us.
  •  

da code

Hi,

Quote from: danialdanT what language they used,

This is German language, from Germany, in Europe.
Regards,

Studio de webdesign nantais, création de sites internet open source avec Joomla!
  •  

nickahummer

Jason, I sent you a PM regarding the useful links on SEO resources.  :)
  •  

JackGibson

I think SEO is tricky. The problem is that google makes so many changes to their algorithm that even if you have a great site a small change in the algo can cause your site to move down the rankings.

I guess you should focus on providing great original content.

Just my 0.02c (:

Thnx!!

J.
?Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain?
Henry Ford
logbook loans
logbook loans
  •  

henrydylan

The Panda update made some significant changes in SEO.
  •  

BuntyMiff

Great post Greywulf - agree with most of your comments - the only additional point I would make is that (from my experience) related sites is a bit of a red herring. It can be difficult to source sites that relate to your topic and even more difficult to get a link coming from that/those sites. Focus should be on quality neighbourhoods. SEO is a huge spe***t area. Key is not to upset Google with anything underhand/blackhat, or your site will be doomed.
  •  

Lisa_York77

Guys!

I am not sure if somebody will answer me here since I saw that your post were done last 2010.  But I'm still hoping that there are people out there who are still interested with SEO and can help me out.  Well honestly I am new to this.  I have a wordpress site and wants to create traffic and want it to rank high in Google.  What is the best and easiest way?  Since I am so technical, I don't understand meta tags, etc techniques that I have been reading around.  Help pls.

Thanks

Lisa

Habbakuk

I have done SEO for many years now. Recently with all the new Google changes, what Google likes is unique content, as it always has, as well as contextual backlinks. These two things will make you skyrocket on Google.
  •  

divatz

Quote from: JackGibson on 01.01.2012 12:23:33
I think SEO is tricky. The problem is that google makes so many changes to their algorithm that even if you have a great site a small change in the algo can cause your site to move down the rankings.

I guess you should focus on providing great original content.

Just my 0.02c (:

Thnx!!

J.

Hey J,

Even though you're right, great original content is really important, if you only focus on this you're prone to fail.

I mean you can have the greatest content in the world but this won't help you compete with others out there that are producing "decent" content but are also focusing on other things (read: SEO).

And while it's pretty easy to make on page SEO and it won't consume too much of your time once you get the hang of it, the OFF-Page SEO is another can of worms. External links (do follow and preferably from "authority" sites in the same niche), social bookmarking (fcb, twitter, google +, stumble upon), subscribing to various directories and search engines are just a few things you need to do in order to be able to compete in today's Google climate. It's a tough world.

Of course if you're only focusing on content people will eventually find you but it will probably be too late or they will be to few.

Oh, well ... just my 2 cents.
Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 - Ready For The Future ?
  •