News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Iframe cleaned in categories description

Started by etienne, 13.11.2018 15:53:26

Previous topic - Next topic

etienne

Hello Arno, Colin,

I am trying to insert an iframe in the category description.
It is working fine as long as I am in the admin area, when I put the iframe code in code source display and switch into WYSIWYG mode the page ppears.
But when I save the category, it is cleaned.
I have put iframe as authorized for TinyMCE editor in Plugins config.
The support for plugins is activated in categories description config.
I don't find how to enable this feature.
Could you please help me ?
Thanks !
Etiene
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think this maybe a Joomla! thing with the setting of text filters.You can test by logging in to your front end as a Super User as they have no Text Filering on content
If that is OK then you need to go to Joomla! Global Config - Text Filters
Colin
Colin M
  •  

etienne

Hello Colin,

Thank you for the reply.
The categories description is changed in Backend ("JD Categories"), by admin user account.
I have tested by removing any filter in Joomla configuration, but without success.
Which editor is used by JDownloads for categories description ? TinyMCE ?
Best regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD uses whatever id declared as the system default editor.
<iframe tends to be a restricted html tag.  I do recall using it a ling time ago and I think I put it in a custom module or maybe I hard coded it!Colin
Colin M
  •