News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Multi Column Layout

Started by minhtit, 27.07.2018 10:35:42

Previous topic - Next topic

minhtit

Is it possible to override the component templates? I need to modify the output of the categories page so that the files in the category display in a table with rows and column with one file per cell. There does not seem to be a good way to do this based on the Layout Manager. Does the Layout Managers support including any php? If not I think I need to override the view in my custom joomla template directory. The reason is I need a while loop or some structure that says

for( int i = 0; i < download file count; i++)
{
if (filecount%4 == 0)
//put a row in like tr, or a div tag or something so I can display a new row of file download links.

}

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Please, Please always use a meaningful title as that helps others.  Also I leave answering those that say  'please help' or similar until I have done any other query which does not just ask help to the end. If I am busy then that could cause an delay in responding.

In this instance I have changed the title for you - and placed in a more useful region
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There are options for a multi column layoutIn layout section Categories there is a 4 column version - 'Categories Example with 4 columns v3.2'
and a 2 column version 'Categories Example with 2 columns v3.2'
The number of rows shown is controlled in jD Config - Front End tab field   "Number of entries per Downloads page:"
Colin
Colin M
  •