News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

move icons/images outside the admin-directory, please.

Started by winampdevil, 12.10.2016 11:32:12

Previous topic - Next topic

winampdevil

I protect my joomla/administrator - directory with a .htaccess-file. If i'm trying to edit a download from the frontend, i get a login-message from the .htaccess-file.
Reason: Some icons are hard-coded to the directory administrator/components/jdownloads/assets/images, i.e in the file edit.php.

Is it possible, to move these icons outside the administration directory, so the login-message disappears?

Thanks
Frank
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you perhaps identify some images (icons) that you believe are hard coded please.
I think that actually the reference is in the css file. 

Of course it is technically possible but note many other components eg jce, jcomments also use images in a sub dir of administrator.  It would also involve much testing to make sure all is well.

Presumably you are referring to images used in the admin side of jD but could you please clarify to help.

Also I would think that only users with certain priveldges would be accessing the files so perhaps you could devise a suitable .htaccess content that does not object.

Perhaps another idea would be to protect the relevant sub dirs of administrator.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

winampdevil

Hi,
there is at least one file: delete.png in the folder administrator/components/com_jdownloads/assets/images/
It's hardcoded in components/com_jdownloads/views/form/tmpl/edit.php, line 423

If i decline the login-window, this icon is broken. If i enter my credentials, the icon appears.
It's not critical, but the other frontend-users are confused.

And yes, you're right with other components, jce for example. For this reason, i switched off the wysiwyg-editor in the jD-options.

It could be possible to use an override; but i think, it's better to change that in the original source.

Frank

•  

Arno

I will change this for the next version.
Is done!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •