News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

No download from private category

Started by aheadnet, 06.04.2016 09:45:25

Previous topic - Next topic

aheadnet

Hi there, it seems that I have a big problem with the access rights in the private category. The setup of  the private category has worked perfect  and the category will only be displayed if the user of the group is logged in.
But inside the category is shown an information indicates that there is no permission to download the file. At the permission rights of the category a conflict appears on download. Can somebody give me a help?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you say a private category I understand you mean a category that requires users to be logged in before they see the category and its Downloads.

Now that can be achieved by just setting the View Access. You also need to set Download permission to Allow for the specific UG permissions for that Category. That is go to Categories and select the relevant top level category.  The select Permissions button.  Next select the User Group concerned and set the Download permission to Allow. Then save.  Note it is best if the UG has Registered as its parent UG.

Have you used Deny in any of the permissions on any jD Category or Download?  If so you should either locate them and reset to Inherit, then Save.  Alternatively go  to the Tools section of the jD Control Panel and use the two tools there that reset the permissions.  At that stage no one, except super users, will be able to download.  So you can now set permissions as above.

If none of the above cures things then please send me super user login details by PM and I will take a look as it is not always so straight forward with Joomla! permissions.

Colin
Colin M
  •