News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Main Category empty in Back End

Started by Staak75, 18.05.2015 18:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Staak75

As Super User I created several categories with the parent category filled.
After this I created a user and a seperate group (with Registered as parent) called Data.
This group has every right for the component JDownloads through ACL.
The user can create categories and downloads.
The only problem is when the user creates categories (or modifies) he cannot select the parent category. This fields stays empty.

Anybody an idea if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong.

I'm using Joomla 3.4 wih JDownloads 3.2.31.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I am not sure I quite understand, so excuse if I have this wrong.  Presumably you are talking about the user doing a create from the front end.  If that is the case the sipmle state is that Categories cannot be created from the front end.  This is not a bug but by design.  Front end users with the appropriate permissions can only create/edit Downloads.  If the user has access to the backend then they can create Categories.  Also if you load a set of directories and files into the jDownloads root directory by say ftp or similar then activating the monitoring will create the relevant categories and downloads.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Staak75

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is not in the front end but the back-end.
Here are two print screens of the problem.
The first shows that there are categories, the second shows that I cannot see them when I create a new categorie as a non super user.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I thought it was front end. OOps!

Think your problem is a Joomla! Permissions or View Access Level. Noticed all the Access levels were Registered.  Which User Group (UG) does the backend user belong to?
Have you set any Deny permissions?  For example if you set a deny in the Public UG then only the Super User will see things.

For reference when creating the view asa shown in your first pic jD does not concern itself with permissions or view access, but for your second pic they are taken into account.

As well as the current UGs I would also ensure UG also belongs to the Registered UG.
Please let us know how you got on

Colin
Colin M
  •