News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

JDownloads 3.2 not generating thumbnails - [Fixed in 3.2.24 !!!]

Started by jondewit, 23.12.2014 12:18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

QuoteSorry to say but I'm getting a little confused here ...
I have it tested here on my test environement. I can not do it in your backend as i have not the login data.

Maybe have you a mis-configuration what produced this problem on your backend.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@jondewit
I am logged in and testing.  Not yet finished.  First I am checking out front end
One observation is that you should create a View Access Level, called say view-uploader, with Uploader group as member.  Then set upload menu item access as view-uploader.
Have added png and jpg as valid uploads for user group Uploader.

@arno
Will forward login by PM

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have created uploads from the backend with no problems.  Please look at site where I subsequently added descriptions to say what I had done. Includes auto detection of symbols by file extension, auto creation of thumbnails.

Could find no problem :) ;) :D ;D

Have added eXtplorer component to your site in order to test uploading to backend.
Also I moved the uploader user group to have Registered as its parent.  This is because I now see my previous examples in the documentation to use the Publisher as a parent has a side effect that uploaders would also be permitted to edit ordinary Joomla! articles - so need yet more revising of articles by me! :( :(

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jondewit

Hello ColinM,

Again thanks for the great help.

When I use Extplorer I have no problem with adding files and auto generate the thumbnails. All AOK.

But when I follow these steps:

JDownloads > Files > Upload files
Add a pdf file clicking on > Add files then > start upload
After I have to click on > Files again
I see a list with the added file.
I click on > Create Download

I name the file, I set a category
At the right I see in the Files data section my file selected in the Alternatively dropdown.
Then I look in the Images section ...

No image file of my pdf  :-\
After saving also no image file to see.

I think I did something wrong, but what??

Sorry again bothering you with this.

Jon.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteJDownloads > Files > Upload files
Had you already said this earlier?  ???

I will test it in this section again.
I had all the time tested the 'normal' way: Create a new item in Downloads list and select then an image file for it. Why will you not use this way?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

QuoteJDownloads > Files > Upload files
Okay, i must confirm here a bug when images are uploaded here and will be assigned as mainfile from the new download.
Will be fixed in 3.2.22... for 3.2.21 it is to late. :-\

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

jondewit

;) Ha.

Great it is a bug and not me, not so great it is really a (little) bug  :-\
  •  

jondewit

Hello, me again,

It's a good thing I'm testing a lot until I'm satisfied.

Maybe you guys can check this:
When I upload a pdf file in front the thumbnail is auto generated correctly, but the view file (click on thumbnail) seems to be stuck in max 400 px although I've set it to 800px in the backend settings.
When I upload a image file the view file is 800 px as set in the settings, so correct.

Hope you can see what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Jon.
  •  

ColinM

Jon
Can you let me know what size the image was originally when you uploaded it please.  The pic files are in <site>/images/jdownloads/screenshots/

Have just tried and it maybe that jDownloads is showing at original size when you click on thumbnail.  If that is the case then it needs sorting.  If jDownloads is scaling it will scale the maximum dimension to the selcted size rather than distort.

I need to do more tests.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jondewit

Hello Colin,

I've added a screenshot with the original size  ;)

Hope I aid you enough info.

Good weekend!!

Jon.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Jon,
sorry for the delay.

Please try the unzipped file below. Edit: Use the new version from my next post. Copy it to /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/
Try then again to create a new 'Download' and do it on the same way as you have tell it prior.

QuoteWhen I upload a pdf file in front the thumbnail is auto generated correctly, but the view file (click on thumbnail) seems to be stuck in max 400 px although I've set it to 800px in the backend settings.
Can it be that one side from the original file was smaller as the defined 800px? If so, then it is always use the original image size. Then we will not 'stretch' smaller images.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hm... here a second version which should also gererate thumbs from uploaded pdf files (when selected from server).
It would be helpful when you can also test this.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

atozpulse

I love jdownloads 
from atozpulse
  •