News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Export csv with statistiques

Started by heteroclite, 11.04.2016 11:39:54

Previous topic - Next topic

heteroclite

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a possibility in Jdownload to export a csv file with statistiques (number of download for each document, ....etc)

Thx a lot for your help !
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Regret to say but I do not think such a facility exists in a simple form. 

You can get emails on downloads and if you set the field 'Activate log function for Downloads?' in Config - Downloads tab then all Download activities are recorded in the Database.  One can download the log info in CSV form by using phpMyAdmin in your control panel but that is not the most convenient - it would also need processing to count the downloads.
Another choice would be to extract the info from the xxx_jdownloads_files table in the database as that contains the information on number of download and number of views, together with other details
I will move this topic to suggestions.  Incidentally if such a report were to exist it would be helpful to consider what statistics. 

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I thought I would see if there are any useful Joomla extensions for your need to get csv data.
There are quite a few paid extensions that will export database tables to CSV and other. 
The only useful free one is The Art Table Lite Edition which will display as a table that you can sort. I have used it in other applications.
Most will want an SQL expression although some seem to aid in making it up

To get all parameters then setup with below where xxx is your database prefix such as jos
SELECT * FROM `xxx_jdownloads_files` WHERE 1

The SQL below will give exactly the same as the one above but obviously you can edit it to only select the information you want
SELECT `file_id`, `file_title`, `file_alias`, `description`, `description_long`, `file_pic`, `thumbnail`, `thumbnail2`, `thumbnail3`, `images`, `price`, `release`, `file_language`, `system`, `license`, `url_license`, `license_agree`, `size`, `date_added`, `file_date`, `publish_from`, `publish_to`, `use_timeframe`, `url_download`, `preview_filename`, `other_file_id`, `md5_value`, `sha1_value`, `extern_file`, `extern_site`, `mirror_1`, `mirror_2`, `extern_site_mirror_1`, `extern_site_mirror_2`, `url_home`, `author`, `url_author`, `created_by`, `created_id`, `created_mail`, `modified_by`, `modified_id`, `modified_date`, `submitted_by`, `set_aup_points`, `downloads`, `cat_id`, `notes`, `changelog`, `password`, `password_md5`, `views`, `metakey`, `metadesc`, `robots`, `update_active`, `custom_field_1`, `custom_field_2`, `custom_field_3`, `custom_field_4`, `custom_field_5`, `custom_field_6`, `custom_field_7`, `custom_field_8`, `custom_field_9`, `custom_field_10`, `custom_field_11`, `custom_field_12`, `custom_field_13`, `custom_field_14`, `access`, `language`, `ordering`, `published`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `asset_id`, `featured` FROM `xxx_jdownloads_files` WHERE 1

Hope tis helps

Colin

Colin M
  •  

heteroclite

Thx for your answer and your Help Colin !
  •