News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

HTML Emails not working - [Fixed in 3.2.32!!!]

Started by drilippi, 25.02.2015 14:41:04

Previous topic - Next topic

drilippi

At "E-Mail Configuration for File Uploads" I have set "Yes" for HTML-formating, but emails are been sent as plain text.

System Settings
- Joomla!  2.5.28
- jDownloads 2.5.26beta
- php 5.3.10
- Mysql 5.5.38
-Not localhost
  •  

ColinM

Hi"
The emails are sent in html rather than plain text if the option "Use HTML-formatting?"  is set to yes as shown by the differences in the two attached pics.

Could you perhaps send an example or show a screenshot as there may be something else in your setup.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

drilippi

Yes, I have choose the "Html-formatting".
I've attached the screenshots form configuration and the received email.

Thanks

•  

ColinM

Hi
Yes it is a bug!  I had tested with email notifications on download. :(  The problem occurs on email notification of an upload. So thank you for persistence!! :)
Have attached 2 pics, in both cases "Use HTML-formatting?" in config - email tab were set to Yes for downloads and for uploads notification.  The Downloads on is OK, the Uploads one is not OK.
Tested with "Use HTML-formatting?" with both Yes and No.

Will move to bugs

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ Colin,

QuoteSystem Settings
- Joomla!  2.5.28
- jDownloads 2.5.26beta

This is a bug in the older 2.5.x release and should be fixed in the meantime in the 3.2.x series.
So maybe should you move it to the 2.5 category.

@ drilippi:
Please note that the jD 2.5 series is not more supported. The same for your Joomla 2.5 system. Also here has Joomla ended the development.
So we can not fix this. Sorry.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@drilippi
The problem is a typo and it can fix it with a simple edit.  See pic attached after correction.  Do you know how to change the code on your site?  You can edit the relevant php file and upload the modified file through your control panel or by ftp.  If you should be uncertain about doing this then please PM me with details of your site with admin access and also the ftp details.

The better long term alternative is as Arno says is to upgrade your site to latest Joomla! 3.x

Please let me know.

@Arno
fault in 3.2 series is in  components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php at Line 2741:   
Existing has a comma between html and download
      if (!$jlistConfig['send.mailto.html,upload']){  in

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Uuups.... okay. This typo exist also in the 3.2 series. Sorry.
Many thanks Colin!

I have it fixed in both series...

@ drilippi:
- please download and unzip the first file below
- copy it then via FTP to /components/com_jdownloads/helpers/

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

drilippi

•