News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Favorites and personal area

Started by borja, 10.02.2015 08:20:54

Previous topic - Next topic

borja

Hello
I would like to know if a user can choose favourite files of jdwonloads and have a personal area where edit the files and store them in the server.
Also i would like to know if the administrator can recommends a files to the users.

Best Regards,

Borja
  •  

Arno

Hi Borja,
the 'private user area' functionality is planned for the next release 3.3 and not ready in the moment.
But you can post suggestions for this functionality here:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?board=117.0

In the moment can users not mark files to add it in a private favourites list. But also this can be a feature for the next release. ;)

But also in the current release can users create or edit her files in the frontend. No problem.
You can also create a menu item for registered users from type 'List my Downloads'. So can users easy edit your own Downloads.

QuoteAlso i would like to know if the administrator can recommends a files to the users.
This can you do easy via a module or Joomla content.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

borja

May i have a file with two categories¿? I coludidos have a categories for favorito and another category ¿?
  •  

Arno

Please note thet jDownloads has a special structure (the real folder/files structure is nearly the same as defined in the download area).
But it is possible to select a file from another Download. See pic. So you can list the same file (as example) in many different categories.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

borja

Thank you. Can i do the same for a category?
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •