News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Category Tree Menu type

Started by amir00251, 17.12.2018 01:00:52

Previous topic - Next topic

amir00251

Hi,

One of the important things missing in jdownloads is a category tree menu where user can quickly change categories in the side and click on the files without moving away from the page.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
  •  

Arno

Hi,it exist already a category tree module.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

amir00251

Hi Colin, yes I saw this after posting this, there are two issues may happen when this is in form of a module.

1- I wanted this to be on the left side of the page but my template has only sidebar modules on the right.
2- For a large list of files (hundreds and thousands) this means that anytime time someone changes the category, the page has to load again. is that right?

I like something like this https://www.demo-joomunited.com/dropfiles/default-theme-demo (just to say that dropfile has several major problems especially around SEO and even that it is paid extension, I prefer the jdownloads).
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
To put things in another place you could use the Regular Labs Modules Anywhere.  Or you could add left block to the Template - bit tricky though!  You could put the tree module in a position above the 'component area'.

Like all modules, the Tree module reruns every time a page is reloaded - it does not reload just because someone say adds a new Category or Download.  If you try out the Tree module you will see it is very quick as it just uses info from the database.It might help you if you used one of the Compact layouts for the Downloads, available in the jD Layout Library.

In the next major jD release (beta testing starts after Christmas!) jD will at some stage in this support the Joomla! 'moden' links.
Colin
Colin M
  •