News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Warning re Can't Find/Read file - [Fixed in 3.2.33!!!]

Started by davidanson, 31.03.2015 09:16:22

Previous topic - Next topic

davidanson

When I installed jDownload it was carried out successfully but there were 5 identical warning messages.  I have just tried to create a category and the same message has come up again - although it says that the category has been created.  The message is:

JFile: :copy: Can't find or read file: $/home/xxxx/public_html/malejourney.org.uk/jdownloads/index.html

Is there something I am needing to do to stop this happening?

Thanks
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteWhen I installed jDownload it was carried out successfully but there were 5 identical warning messages.
What was the message? Maybe the reason for your other problem.

When you create a new category is for this also created a new folder. In this is copied (for security reasons) then an empty html file.
So when you get this error, the path to the index.html file is not correctly.
So you should check the path in this configuration field, see pic. Maybe you should try to remove the leading dollar sign.

Please write here in the forum not your absolute server path.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

davidanson

I am sure the five (or it could have been 4) error messages were exactly the same as the one that was displayed when I created a category.

Thanks for this.  I had checked the configuration before I raised this issue and the directory is writable.  I have also attached a screenshot of the jdownloads directory, the directory and all folders have permission set to 0755 (i.e. this is how they were created by jdownloads) and this is also the permission of the jdownloads directory.  I have looked in the four directories that have an '_' prefix and they are all empty, as are the 4 category directories that I have created - hence the warning message I suppose.

•  

Arno

In every folder should exist an index.html file.
When not, use the file below, rename it to index.html and copy it in /jdownloads and every sub folder.
After this should it be possible again to create a category without error message.

By the way, nobody else has reported a problem like this before.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

davidanson

Thanks.  I have done that now - let's see who it goes from here.

Regarding no other reports, I am using Joomla 3.4.1 - the latest update - so don't know if that might be significant.  I have not had these sorts of problems with other components.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Just for info the form of the absolute path iin the upload directory path is like the one below where the "thedomainname" is the one given by your web site provider. It is not in general the one in www.mysite.com
/home/thedomainname/public_html/jdownloads
Colin
Colin M
  •  

bustergut

I have the same problem using 3.4.1
  •  

Arno

Quote from: bustergut on 01.06.2015 16:28:56
I have the same problem using 3.4.1
Joomla has removed some index.html files with 3.4.1 (why?). So we have as result this error in some situations.
It should be fixed in the next jD version 3.2.33 (coming very soon).

Until this should you use the tip from above:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8034.msg32106#msg32106
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •