News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Wrong title display of custom_field_13 & 14 when adding/editing[Fixed in 3.2.27]

Started by Dode, 28.02.2015 18:59:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Dode

In upload / edit page, custom_field_13 and custom_field_14 are not displaying field titles.

Group settings are ok, and the 2 fields are appearing when adding / editing, just not their titles.
See pic 1 & 2 for configuration, and 3 for the result. You see that "custom_filed_13" appears instead of "Matériel utilisé". Same problem for custom_field_14 that is just not used here.

If i input datas in these fields, it's well stored in the db, no problem here.

Also, correct titles are displayed in the Details layout, the problem occurs only when adding / editing a download.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Dode
I vae made the same logical setup as you but I cannot reproduce your problem - please see attached.

Some of the css styling could be enhanced but..

So there is something different!

Colin
EDIT Tried fr, no difference. Also Create as well as Edit but no *'s  see pic 4.

Colin M
  •  

Dode

Thanks for checking it out Colin.
Yes, no asterisks for "Select Box" and "Short Text" fields.
I don't understand why custom_field_13 is not working here...

PS : the capture was made with a prior beta of JD, Arno updated the tmpl since then.
  •  

ColinM

Dode
I have now replicated your problem, and I am using latest version. ;D  See Pic attached. After looking at some code I 'unticked' the setting of "Use Editor for Text Fields" in "Group Creation/Editing Settings" of "User Group Settings". This now shows as you have.  So the temporary fix is to tick that box.

However the *'s are not showing in either case! ???

The code generated for the input field looks good.

Custom Field 6 is not required - generated code below.
<label id="jform_custom_field_6-lbl" for="jform_custom_field_6" class="">123456789</label>

Custom Field 7 is required - generated code below.
<label id="jform_custom_field_7-lbl" for="jform_custom_field_7" class=" required">987654321</label>

I also set the Standard short description field as required and that generated as below.  Note the <span generates the * 
<label data-original-title="<strong>Short Description</strong><br />The text you enter here will also be used as the the long description if you leave the long description empty." id="jform_description-lbl" for="jform_description" class="hasTooltip required" title="">
Short Description<span class="star">&nbsp;*</span></label>

Looks like two problems: one common in that * not being generated when required; when editor not selected then fails to use title of Custom fields 13 & 14 but does put in * if required.

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
many thanks for this hints. It seems that i have found now the bug. Also the label for the custom fields 13+14 should now be correctly.
The bugfix shall be a part from the next version (the first stable release). Coming very soon. ;)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •