News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

[PATCH] wrong path used for flowplayer

Started by fm, 05.02.2015 15:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

fm

Hi there,

jdownloads: 3.2.24 beta
Joomla!: 3.3.6

I had the same problem as described here:
Quote from: whitemike on 06.06.2014 09:02:38
Hi
is there a possibility to change to path to the download file when using the media player

we have the download-files outside the normal url hierarchy and the module is always telling me file not found and showing url hierarchy path

The reason (for me) was that the upload directory needed to be the full path starting from the webserver's filesystem root plus the folder for the downloads:
/mnt/..../userfolder/joomla/jdownloads/downloads

The plugin inserted a path in flowplayer that was created by using basename($jlistConfigM['files.uploaddir']). In my case this was meant to fail, since the stream path started with downloads instead of joomla/jdownloads/downloads.

I fixed it by adding two new variables to the config, namely 'files.uploaddir_base' and 'files.uploaddir_dir', where the former is the path starting from the filesystem root down to the webserver root and the later is the relative path to the downloads.
Both variables will be joined together and written to 'files.uploaddir' after hitting save in the configuration. Therefore, everything else will remain unchanged.
But I also modified the insertion of flowplayer so that it is now using 'files.uploaddir_dir'.

I added the (hopefully) complete patch below.
It also adds the required variables to the database and adds the description.

For those who don't know how to use this patch and still want it:

(on Linux...)

• download and unzip the plugin
  • change to the plugin folder in a command line
  • run:
patch -p1 < file_path.patch

Florian

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Florian,
why have you posted this as bug?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

fm

Hi,

I posted it here since the original problem actually was a bug and there is no section it would, imho, fit in better ;)

Florian
  •