News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Word doc upload [Fixed]

Started by theguy, 18.05.2014 07:50:57

Previous topic - Next topic

theguy

Hi all,

This is the first time I'm using JDownloads and I might be doing something wrong but it seems I can't upload a Word doc file via the front end "Add" option.
I've set the "Upload runtime" to "All" and select "Add" as a registered user. After I give it a name and select category I select my file under "Files" and get the following error message "Save failed with the following error: Invalid file type submitted. File upload aborted.". Under the Files I've got the following writing "Allowed file extensions: zip, rar, pdf, txt" but in the back end I've got "doc" included under "Other allowed file extensions:" as well.

Have no idea what I'm doing wrong...   :-\

Update: Did some further research and looked into the "User Groups Settings", I'm a super user and under "Allowed File Types" I got this: doc,zip,rar,pdf,txt,gif,png,jpg,docx
Still for some unknown reason I can't upload a doc file from the front end. I think it might be a bug with the latest release...

Update: Created a new registered user and gave all permissions accordingly. Now I was able to upload a doc file. There is probably a bug with the super user permissions.  
  •  

ColinM

Arno,
I have looked at this and there does seem to be an anomaly.  I first checked the acl permissions and as would be expected both the Joomla upload permissions and the permissions on the categories were Allowed.
The setup in the User Groups permissions for Superadmin showed that acceptable file extensions were zip,rar,pdf,txt,doc,gif,png,jpg  - see pic user-group20A.png.

When it came to the Upload from front end the declared acceptable file extensions were only zip, rar, pdf, txt  - see pic user-group20B.png
Going on with the upload and selecting a file with a doc extension caused the Error message "Save failed with the following error: Invalid file type submitted. File upload aborted."

I then repeated test using a registered user. Ensured doc was in allowed extensions, and made sure all category permission etc were OK.  Download succeeded
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
okay i will check this tomorrow.  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •