News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

make layouts use standard joomla filtering

Started by shoulders, 18.01.2018 13:45:18

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

issue
currently the layouts section seperates the different types of layout by using an icon to view those layouts. This layout page also has CSS and language edit features.

It is a bit tricky to navigate the different layous like this because I am use to joomla filter layout.

see attached image

Solution[/]

• remove the CSS and Language edit features. In another feature requests I have said these should be removed except for editing the custom CSS which should have its own menu item
  • Use a single standard Joomla filter page for all layouts

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I understand where you are coming from and to use a joomla style filter is possible.  But I cannot see there is anything wrong with having an icon based selection panel rather than what is just a pulldown.  I find it annoying that I have to actually select the filter option panel in Joomla! - was not needed in the 2.5 series. Also easier with icons if using a tablet but opinions vary.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

Fair enough

The filtering is better for me because following jdownloads instructions I have made a copy of every layout and prefix them with QW. So if i had a filterable list I could just type in QW and then have access to all the appropriate layouts on one window which I could then edit really easily individually or open them all with a right click and do all of my changes in one go.

Thanks colin
  •