News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Missing Files

Started by zafiblitz, 27.10.2016 18:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

zafiblitz

There is an Feature "Similarly if published categories or downloads are found to be missing then they are automatically unpublished."
This works OK.

But when the file is copied back to jDownloads, it will not be marked as published. So when you delete one File with an ftp-Programm and 1 month later you copy an file with the same name with an ftp-Programm to jdownloads, it is not added to the frontend. And i will not recognize it.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I do not think this is a bug but rather a misunderstanding perhaps!

Firstly however you can solve the 'publishing, in jD Config - Monitor tab by setting field 'Automatically publish Downloads?' to Yes.

jD does not copy the file anywhere, it just makes a database entry noting amongst other things the filename.  If you overwrite a file with one with an identical name then jD does nothing.  If it is a different name then jD creates a new download.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

zafiblitz

But when i delete the file and one month later a file is copied to jdownloads with the same name, this file is in unpublished, because jdownloads recognize the missing of file after deletion  and the filename is still in database, but unpublished.
There should be an option "remove missing files and categories from database".
  •  

ColinM

Hi
How do you delete the file?  If you do that through ftp or similar then jD is not going to know. And it is valid to have a Download without a file.
The proper way is of course to delete the file through jD.  But even then when jD finds an new file it will create a new Download.  The logic of what you are suggesting would be quite challenging and at this juncture I am not sure it would be feasible to get to a unique result.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

zafiblitz

i upload files by ftp and i delete files by ftp. And after uploadding or deleting i go to backend of joomla and click on "Download Bereich jetzt überprüfen." (check download).
And it works fine. jD finds new files and missing files. But with missing files i get the message "1 Datei(en) wurden nicht gefunden. Der Status der dazugehörenden Downloads wurde daher auf 'unveröffentlicht' geändert."(State of missing files is changed to unpublished). And the change of the state to UNPUBLISHED is the problem: When i copy the same file back by ftp, i get the message "Es wurden keine neuen Dateien gefunden." (No new files found). And in Backend of jdownloads the file is still unpublished. So i have to publish the file by hand.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The message
Quote"1 Datei(en) wurden nicht gefunden. Der Status der dazugehörenden Downloads wurde daher auf 'unveröffentlicht' geändert."
which for me is
Quote"1 file (s) were not found. The status of the associated downloads has therefore been changed to 'unpublished'
This is entirely logical as jD has detected an anomaly so it rightly un-publishes the Download.  JD cannot know that the file has been removed in a safe manner so it must act defensively.

Why not delete the file from within jD Downloads and similarly re-add its replacement from within jD?  These actions can be done from either the Backend or the Frontend.

What is the status of  Config - Monitor tab - field 'Automatically publish Downloads?'
Is the name of the new file identical to that of the deleted file?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

zafiblitz

The problem occurs, when  the name of the new file is identical to that of the deleted file?
The field 'Automatically publish Downloads?' is in state "yes"
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
From the previous discussion I presume you are still deleting and reinstating with FTP. Is that Correct?

Assuming it is correct jD will continue to have a valid entry in its database.  If you were to run the auto monitoring before the file is replaced, then it will be declared unpublished as there is an anomaly.

There is no problem in 'publishing' an already published Download. So you could go to the Downloads in the backend, select all downloads - make sure all are shown - and then publish as indicated in pic
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •