News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Notication Email

Started by LSK6453, 17.02.2016 21:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

LSK6453

Prior to upgrading to the new version, when an email was automatically sent from the system to my users, all emails were hidden.  In the new version, all emails are in the to field and are available for all to see.  Is there a way to get these hidden again please? My clients are requesting.
Please see attached.
Thank you

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
what do you mean with 'new version' and what was the prior version?

We have not changed anything here with the e-mails in the latest versions update (3.2.41).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

LSK6453

Hi Arno, when I was on 2.8 and prior, the emails never showed up in the to field of the email, they were always hidden.  Since I have upgraded to the 3.2.x version, the emails show and the clients that use my site have asked if I can stop it.  Is there a setting that I am missing that will put the emails in the BCC field?
  •  

Arno

Okay i will check this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If the list email addresses were added as BCC items then one needs another email address for the 'To' field.  This is because some email servers object if there is no entry in the 'To' field. 
One could use the current users email address, or maybe the general site email address, or of course make one up.

What would you think?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@ Colin:
i will use the first recipient for the 'To' field and all others for the 'BCC' field.
Not perfect but better as currently.

@ LSK6453:
Please try the (unzipped) file below and copy it to this folder: Joomla_ROOT/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

LSK6453

Thanks guys.  I have copied the file to the server and will do a test and let you know what happens
  •  

LSK6453

I can confirm that this has worked.  Thanks Arno!  Will i have to copy this file over after each upgrade of jdownloads or will this be built into future builds?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The modified file should be part of the next update.  We also need to modify the instructions in the Config - emails tab and give to the translators.

In English this presently reads as
Quote"E-mail address to which download information is sent. For multiple email addresses insert a semi-colon ; between each adress. "
the revised text will probably be something like
Quote"E-mail address to which download information is sent. For multiple email addresses insert a semi-colon ; between each address.
With multiple addresses the first address in the list is used as the To address and the others are set is Bcc."

Colin

Colin M
  •  

LSK6453

Sounds great, thanks Colin
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •