News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Files not copied during Installatron Joomla migration

Started by Jim L., 07.08.2017 14:46:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim L.

Installation info:
Joomla: 3.7.4
JDownloads: 3.2.52
PHP: 5.6.30
MySQL: 5.6
Installation type: Localhost (CPanel VPS)

A few days ago I used Installatron to migrate a Joomla installation from one hosting location to another. Everything seemed to work ok... except that JDownloads couldn't find files to download when clicking on the download links.

In troubleshooting I learned that the jdownloads directory in the web root was not there, so none of the files were copied over. I copied them back via backup, but that should be a last resort.

It seems to me that Installatron did not copy some directories that were left over by some previously uninstalled components... which makes sense. It probably looks to see which directories are registered for these components, which leads me to believe that the jdownloads data directory also is not registered for the component. If this is the case, correcting the issue would make scripted migrations easier.
  •  

Arno

Hi Jim,
excuse me but i do not understand exactly what you mean.

You have moved (or copied) a Joomla installation (include jDownloads) to another server?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Jim L.

Practically yes, it's the same thing.

Technically, it was a development subdomain on the same account on the same server, but the process is the same.
  •  

Arno

Okay. But what shall be here a problem? When you move an Joomla  installation you must also move the jDownloads  folder with the downloadable files. And you must also update the setting value with the new absolute path to it. jDownloads can nothing doing here automaticly.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •