News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

layout not using the site's template?

Started by jumpinjack, 14.12.2015 20:34:19

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpinjack

Hi
I have just started using the latest jdownloads extension. I'm impressed with it but am stuck with trying to get the layouts to work properly.

I'm testing using joomla's default Protostar template. I use the Standard Categories layout to display my download categories. This works perfectly as expected and one can see that the layout is "part of" the Protostar template layout. The site's menu module is displayed on the left and a breadcrumbs module is displayed at the top. The page is also divided into two columns.

Selecting one of the categories displays the list of download items in that category using the Standard category layout. This is where the problem is. It clearly is not "part of" the Protostar template layout. There are no menu and breadcrumbs modules and the category items are simply displayed in a single column list.

Selecting a download item, displays that items details using the Standard details layout. This works perfectly as expected. The menu module is on the left and the breadcrumbs module at the top and the page is divided into 2 columns.

I'd appreciate some help in getting the single category (standard category layout V2.5) to work as the other two (standard categories layout V2.5 & the standard details layout V2.5) to show the menu and breadcrumbs modules and have the 2 column format.  It's obviously something simple that I've missed, presumably.

Have a look at the attached document which contains screenshots where one can see the problem (you may have to zoom in a bit).

Thanks in advance

clive

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

jumpinjack

Managed to sort it out.

I'm using K2 and it seems that the  jDownloads 3.2 series Content Plugin does not work with K2?

From what i can work out, this plugin displays the list of downloads in joomlas content area. i assume that this does not work in K2 hence the list was displayed without using the websites default template to arrange the display. Anyhow, I disabled the plugin but still had the problem using the Protostar template. I then set the default template to the one I use on my website, a T3 Framework template called Horizon and everything seems to be working correctly now, Categories, Category and Download lists are displayed using the default templates display arrangement, with menu and breadcrumb modules displayed correctly. 

hope this helps anyone experiencing the same problems
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i know that some other users work with K2 and the jDownloads content plugin (without problems).

Also has the screenshots in your first post nothing to do with the plugin.
Here is to see only the normal frontend output from the component.

Your problem is only the 'single category view'. Here should you activate the debug option from Joomla to get more informations about the problem. See the jD documentation.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jumpinjack

hi arno, thanks for responding.

you're right. the plugin does not seem to be the problem as i enabled it and everything works perfectly with my template but the protostar template still has the original problem with the single content display.

unfortunately i am not familiar with template styles and the joomla debug option that you mentioned. i am just glad that it seems to be working with my template - so far!

i have it installed on my test machine and will play around with it for a while before installing on my live site.

i must admit that after i first experienced the problem, i fiddled around with all the configuration settings that i thought may play a role in causing the problem. somewhere i must have made the right changes to make it work with my template. unfortunately i don't know what i did. 

thanks for a great extension!

•  

jumpinjack

update:

got evertything working on my development machine, made a backup and used it to restore jdownloads on my live website. the same problem occurred, the single category page was not "using the template layout". 

after spending some time fiddling around, i manged to sort it out. here's what i did:

i checked the Template in extension manager and noticed that my template was assigned but not set as the default. i corrected this, making sure that it was assigned and set as the default.

then i opened up the menu item (that i created to use jdownloads) in Menus>Edit Item and made sure that the appropriate modules where assigned to ALL pages and that they were published

everything seems to be working - so far!

thanks again for a great extension!
  •  

Arno

Many thanks for the update. So jDownloads was not really the problem. More a challenge with the Joomla template management.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •