News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Multi Column Layout

Started by minhtit, 27.07.2018 10:35:42

Previous topic - Next topic

minhtit

Is it possible to override the component templates? I need to modify the output of the categories page so that the files in the category display in a table with rows and column with one file per cell. There does not seem to be a good way to do this based on the Layout Manager. Does the Layout Managers support including any php? If not I think I need to override the view in my custom joomla template directory. The reason is I need a while loop or some structure that says

for( int i = 0; i < download file count; i++)
{
if (filecount%4 == 0)
//put a row in like tr, or a div tag or something so I can display a new row of file download links.

}

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Please, Please always use a meaningful title as that helps others.  Also I leave answering those that say  'please help' or similar until I have done any other query which does not just ask help to the end. If I am busy then that could cause an delay in responding.

In this instance I have changed the title for you - and placed in a more useful region
  •  

ColinM

Hi
There are options for a multi column layoutIn layout section Categories there is a 4 column version - 'Categories Example with 4 columns v3.2'
and a 2 column version 'Categories Example with 2 columns v3.2'
The number of rows shown is controlled in jD Config - Front End tab field   "Number of entries per Downloads page:"
Colin
Colin M
  •